If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

A Fowler Wind

Not to be outdone by Michael Moron, former National Chairman of the DNC Don Fowler gets caught on tape weighing in on Gustav during a conversation:

The disconnect with reality these people have would be laughable if it wasn’t so damn pathetic.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 08/30/08 at 07:15 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 08/30/08 at 09:31 PM from United States

The feigned outrage over a tape of a private conversation is both laughable and pathetic.

Get back on the whiteness of Biden’s teeth, I think you’ll have more traction with that meme.

Posted by on 08/30/08 at 09:43 PM from United States

What’s pathetic is any human being could defend this even as a joking private conversation.

If this were two republicans it would already be on every major network.

Posted by mikeguas on 08/30/08 at 09:49 PM from United States

If this were two republicans it would already be on every major network.

Absolutely it would, and rightfully so, but these guys are fucking hypocrites. Just look at the last few weeks. One country invades another, nothing but excuses, no protests, no outrage, just ways to make it a Bush thing. Now this, and there will just be excuses, there are no principles on the Left side of things. It’s all about spin and crocodile tears when convenient. Period.

By the way hazefuckhead, I’ve been on this blog for a long time, and if any GOP member made this statement, or some right leaning religious zealot, these guys would have been all over it, posted it here, and shown the same contempt. It’s about right and wrong, moron. Something you know nothing about. Now go back to your dope.

Posted by on 08/30/08 at 10:01 PM from United States

I hope this fuckhead suffers a massive anurism....

Posted by NativeSon on 08/31/08 at 12:31 AM from United States

Speaking of Gustav....... Sorry folks I’m going to have to brag a little here. Yesterday, the Governor of Texas, Rick Perry held a press conference about this hurricane and how Texas was preparing for it. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to interpret for our Governor. I got to speak with him briefly before we started. He seemed like a nice guy. He actually introduced himself to me as if I didn’t know he was. I was honored. Check out the video.

governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/11035/
Posted by NativeSon on 08/31/08 at 12:43 AM from United States

Sorry. I was trying to do it from my Treo but no luck. I’ll post it when I get in front of my computer.

Posted by NativeSon on 08/31/08 at 02:03 AM from United States

Ok. Here we go again.

NativeSon interpreting for The Gov

Posted by HARLEY on 08/31/08 at 07:18 AM from United States

I hope this fuckhead suffers a massive anurism....

NO, I want him around for along long time, just to prove how morally and literally fucked up the lefties are.

Posted by on 08/31/08 at 08:13 AM from United States

Harley, this attitude doesn’t reflect how most Democrats feel.  Even though I am not really a Democrat, I lean a good bit to the left and I truly hope that Gustav doesn’t cause the damage that Katrina/Rita did.  If it does, I hope that the Bush administration is able to mitigate it effectively.  It is vile to suggest that Gustav will be a good thing.

You could tell that Maher wasn’t terribly impressed with what Moore said on his show.

Posted by Hal_10000 on 08/31/08 at 09:58 AM from United States

I agree with flogg that the vast majority of Dems aren’t this way.  It’s the hard-core partisans (like MIchael Moore) who would wish bd things for the country.

Posted by on 08/31/08 at 10:20 AM from United States

It’s the hard-core partisans (like MIchael Moore)

Then why the fuck do you allow people like him to be the spokesperson for your party?  Where are the major Democrats speaking out on this? Why isn’t Obama demanding Spratt immediately resign?

Posted by on 08/31/08 at 11:27 AM from United States

awesome NativeSon!

Posted by on 08/31/08 at 03:47 PM from United States

I wasn’t aware that MM was the national spokesperson for the Democratic Party.  He didn’t even speak at the convention.  He is a fringe character like Sheehan.  Vocal doesn’t mean sanctioned ...

Posted by mikeguas on 08/31/08 at 04:19 PM from United States

How about Don Fowler. He’s connected to the Dems isn’t he? At what point are they not on the fringe?

Posted by on 08/31/08 at 04:40 PM from United States

We were talking about MM.  I don’t know Don Fowler from Adam’s housecat.  I have literally never heard of him before today.  He is a “former” national chairman, probably for a reason, like foot in mouth disease.  If Howard Dean said it, I would certainly expect and understand a call for his resignation.

Posted by mikeguas on 08/31/08 at 05:18 PM from United States

This is classic. Here is Fowler’s bullshit apology. First he apologizes, then calls the person who taped him a right wing nut case, and goes on to say it was satire of Jerry Falwell. Give me a fucking break. Anyone could tell that is not what it was, it was a mockery of Bush speaking while the hurricane was going to strike New Orleans, a chuckle, and a fucking smile on the face.  A sincere apology would have been fine. This was not.

Link

Posted by mikeguas on 08/31/08 at 05:28 PM from United States

Bush speaking should be start of the convention. My mind was thinking something else at the time. I’ll just Fowler for it.

Posted by on 08/31/08 at 05:57 PM from United States

For the sake of McCain and Palin, Bush needs to be several hundred miles away during the convention and keep his fucking mouth shut.

Bush is political Kryptonite…

Posted by mikeguas on 08/31/08 at 06:13 PM from United States

I wonder what that dipshit is going to do when he’s finally out of office. The again, who cares as long as it has nothing to do with government.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 08/31/08 at 06:26 PM from United States

Via Drudge, Bush is apparently not going tomorow night. Neither is Cheney.

Posted by NativeSon on 08/31/08 at 08:24 PM from United States

Thanks Zoom..... it was an honor to have the opportunity to interpret for the Gov but today I found out that the Pres will be there tomorrow to monitor Gustav. he will be in Austin and I might get to go interpret for him too. I was happy interpreting for the Gov but now President Bush. I definitely don’t agree with him on everything but what an honor to get to interpret for him. If I do then of course I will post that video too.

Posted by HARLEY on 08/31/08 at 09:40 PM from United States

Harley, this attitude doesn’t reflect how most Democrats feel.

I said Lefties, not Democrats.

Posted by on 08/31/08 at 10:51 PM from United States

Good, hope so.  It’s one thing to not like Bush the man, but the Presidency is something else, and what an honor if you get to do it!

Posted by NativeSon on 09/01/08 at 02:46 PM from United States

Unfortunately I did not get to interpret for the Pres. He showed up at the Special Operations Center (SOC) in Austin and got briefed by the Gov and then he just shook hands, patted backs and told everyone what a great job the state of Texas has done. He didn’t speak to media or give a press conference so there was nothing to interpret.