I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. - Thomas Jefferson

Attention Sydneysiders

Anyone here live in Sydney?  If so, .  I’ve got a question for you.

Posted by Lee on 08/22/07 at 10:49 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by syddelish on 08/22/07 at 11:13 PM from United States

my name is sydney. does that count?

Posted by on 08/23/07 at 12:07 AM from Australia

Perth close enough, or specifically Sydney? I have mates there if you don’t get any direct responses.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 08/23/07 at 12:42 AM from United States

Australia is like England, but a lot less gay. : )

Posted by on 08/23/07 at 01:56 AM from Australia

I’m about four hours south of Sydney but was planning on making a trip up there this weekend for some live music and pubs that stay open past midnight.
We don’t get much of either down here on the South Coast.

Posted by Brian at Tomfoolery on 08/23/07 at 09:59 AM from United States

What the hell are you doing down there?

Posted by Manwhore on 08/23/07 at 10:01 AM from United States

Australia is like England, but a lot less gay. : )

And WAY more funny.

Posted by on 08/23/07 at 12:08 PM from United States

I can understand Aussies when they speak without any problem.  The English all sound like they are drunk and trying to eat a whole live gopher....

Posted by on 08/23/07 at 03:06 PM from Australia

I’m in Brisbane until Saturday.  But then it’s back to San Jose!

After actually visiting here, I want to open a bar in the states and only hire Australian bartenders.  The accent really makes anyone cool.  Maybe I should just start speaking with it.

Posted by InsipiD on 08/23/07 at 06:48 PM from United States

If you would listen to someone like Simon Cowell instead of Jason Statham… Also, Aussies use a bit more American-type slang than Brits do.

Anyone who doesn’t find a cultured English woman’s voice comforting is wierd.

Posted by on 08/23/07 at 07:37 PM from United States

Anyone who doesn’t find a cultured English woman’s voice comforting is wierd.

Mmmmm...........cultured English women................

Posted by HARLEY on 08/23/07 at 07:58 PM from United States

Anyone who doesn’t find a cultured English woman’s voice comforting is wierd.

agreed..
now a Aussie chick… instant wood…

Posted by on 08/24/07 at 01:16 AM from Australia

I partly grew up in Sydney and I will be there next week, so I know it pretty well.

Did you get your answer? Or should I e-mail you.

Next entry: Welcome to Eurabia