No legacy is so rich as honesty - William Shakespeare

Bangcock

You just know that this is coming to Broadway.

A transsexual Thai kickboxer whose rags-to-riches story was made into an acclaimed film will make her theatrical debut in Singapore next month, she said.

Parinya Charoenphol, whose film and lipstick-wearing in the ring won the hearts of millions in Thailand and around Asia, is set to make her debut in a one-woman show called “Boxing Cabaret”.

The 22-year-old, better known as Nong Toom, said the show with a mix of Broadway and traditional and contemporary Thai dance would open in Singapore on June 17 and be brought to Thailand in August.

“I hope people enjoy it, and understand people like me a little bit better,” Nong Toom said.

The show is in five acts or “rounds”—separated by bells, as in a Muay Thai kickboxing fight—and covers Nong Toom’s life before and after her 2002 sex change operation, men, Muay Thai and love.

She chose to act in a cabaret “because I like singing and dancing, and it comes naturally,” Nong Toom said.

Sometimes commentary fails me.

Posted by Lee on 05/30/05 at 05:45 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by Aaron - Free Will on 05/30/05 at 06:54 PM from United States

I like singing and dancing, and it comes naturally,” Nong Toom said.

It always does with them…

Posted by on 05/30/05 at 07:05 PM from Canada

Confucius says:

Man who go through turn style side ways going to bang cock.

He he he

I love Confucius jokes.

Posted by Tj on 05/30/05 at 07:26 PM from United States

A transsexual Thai kickboxer whose rags-to-riches story

It’s really quite hilarious!

Posted by on 05/30/05 at 08:06 PM from United States

For some reason this reminds me of the converstation I had with the guy who is painting my home today.  My wife painted the upstairs a shade of very light pink when she bought it 13 years ago.  No wonder I spend most of my time downstairs where everything is white.

Anyway, we are now switching over to shades of green upstairs.  I was watching Jorje for a moment between chores of my own (when you prep a house for sale there is a shitload of work to be done) and commented on how nice it looked.  “You didn’t like pink?”

“What man wants to live in a pink house?” I told him.

I think Nong would have liked it......

Posted by Jason on 05/30/05 at 09:05 PM from United States

what the hell?

Posted by on 05/30/05 at 09:11 PM from United States

This is one of those things that may be best left alone…

Posted by on 05/30/05 at 09:23 PM from Canada

I was in Thailand last year when the movie of this guys life came out.  It was called Beautiful Boxer.

I never got to see it because it was all in Thai.  Seemed interesting and I figured it’d make it to the West to be an icon of gay culture.  I like being right.

Posted by on 05/30/05 at 09:24 PM from Canada

Beautiful Boxer

Here’s a link to the movie.

Posted by on 05/30/05 at 09:25 PM from Canada

Here’s the link, sorry about that.

Posted by on 05/31/05 at 12:14 AM from United States

Apparently almost as naturally as beating up chicks ...

Posted by on 05/31/05 at 01:29 AM from United States

rags to a sequince nightgown is more like it.

Posted by HuheyGroove on 05/31/05 at 03:00 AM from United States

Bring him to vegas and let him fight a low level MMA guy....

Posted by on 05/31/05 at 04:27 AM from Canada

rags to a sequince nightgown is more like it

Too…. fu_king….. funny…………
Can’t …….BREATH!!!!

Posted by on 05/31/05 at 09:30 AM from Thailand

There was a bit of a stir about the film here (I live in Bangkok).  As far as Thai films go, the quality of it wasn’t too bad as far as I could from the commercials.  I didn’t see it, but films with transvestites and katoi (ladyboys/transgenders) are popular here.  They’re almost universally poor quality comedies.

Incidentally, they person talking abou a kickboxer fighting some MMA guy, they’ve already proven that you can’t study just discipline, so even a kickboxer that’s still competing would have trouble.  Just look at the K1 guys that join PrideFC, they usually get submitted.

Posted by on 05/31/05 at 01:53 PM from United States

I don’t care how he dresses or what he does.  He is still beating up on girls.

Next entry: Band of Sweat