No legacy is so rich as honesty - William Shakespeare

behind every blade of grass
by HARLEY

In the run up to the election, many gun owners feeling that Obama would win, started purchasing firearms and ammunition in large quantities.  We are now three months into Obamas first term, you got any idea how much has been bought my law abiding Americans? from AMMOLAND

Law abiding US citizens bought on average 3,177,256 guns every 3 months in 2008
You also bought 1,529,635,000 rounds of ammunition in just the month of December 2008. Yeah that is right, that is Billion with a “B”. This number takes no accounting of reloading or reloaded ammunition.

In just 3 months Americans bought enough guns to outfit the entire Chinese and Indian army’s combined.

This is an evaluation of overall firearms and ammunition purchases based on low end numbers per Federal NIC instacheck data base Statistics. The numbers presented are only PART of the overall numbers of arms and ammunition that have been sold. The actual numbers are much higher.

THAT is a SHIT load of arms, im happy to report that im one of those that helped it reach that level.

Ill let the empty brass fall where it may on this.

however, Id say that Obama has most certainly helped on industry in this nation, just by getting elected.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/29/09 at 07:14 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 04/29/09 at 08:57 PM from Germany

Ammo is fucking expensive now, even the varmint-killing .22 LR stuff is starting to get up there now.

The 7.62x39 ammo I buy for my SKS is running about $7.50 for a box of 20 here in NM, about the same for 100-round boxes of 22LR, depending on the type.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/29/09 at 09:02 PM from United States

i use to buy 7.62x39 for $1.99 a box!

but i am not blaming the Evil ammo company’s for creating a shortage or raising prices!

Posted by on 04/29/09 at 09:26 PM from United States

yep, bought my mossberg 590 right before that socialist got elected. Sadly, the FN FAL I desired is only available to me when I am a year older. You have to love Maryland’s arbitrary assault weapon law.

Posted by on 04/29/09 at 10:07 PM from United States

Hence that DHS report. The established power structure in DC is taking notice and beginning to lay the ground work for either a national gun ban or an armed suppression of the population. or at least a certain segment of the population.

I think this is actually a big issue and I don’t even own a gun. With the talk starting to creep up about a global currency. All of the kissy kissy at the economic summit going on. The powers that be want to construct a global government. I know I sound like a tinfoil hat guy, but read the writing on the wall. It gives the Trilateral Commission freaks a lot to talk about. Of which I am not one. But shit’s getting interesting.

Posted by on 04/29/09 at 10:29 PM from Germany

What I do for ammo is have bullets and brass delivered to my brother in Boise, who then load up whatever I need.  He comes out at least once a year, drops off the ammo and bills me for primers and powder.

Even the supplies are getting pricey.

I just got a shotgun and a .45 in the last year - should I get a .223?

Did you catch where Obamessiah said that he was “remaking” America.  I’m pretty sure he meant into a Soviet Republic....

Posted by FPrefect on 04/30/09 at 12:17 AM from United States

I for the past 2 to 3 years has been meaning to buy a gun, never thought about it.  That was until about a week before my birthday.  My house got burglarized.  I know, the gun won’t help when I’m away.  I keep it in the trunk of my car until I get the safe installed.  It helps me sleep at night now.  But yeah, the price of ammo has gone up a bit.  It was $25 for a box of 20 9mm hollow points, and $18 for a box of 50 FMJ’s.  I sleep better now at night with both the alarm system and the 9mm by my bed.

Shit, maybe I shouldn’t have posted this.  Now I’m on the list!

Posted by on 04/30/09 at 08:41 AM from United States

I love seeing these numbers.  Guns in the hands of the common citizen prove to be a significant force that can effectively prevent the state from overstepping its bounds.  Obviously, Americans have sat by for the better part of a century now and taken that red, white and blue cock involuntarily (sadly, sometimes voluntarily).  Nonetheless, these numbers are pleasing, and I sincerely hope the trend continues.

Posted by on 04/30/09 at 08:49 AM from United States

You know, if things go bad, at some point I’m going to make it a point to make some shotgun shells loaded with heavy pellets and compacted pages from the bible. Then when they come to try and take my shit, I’m gonna level the shotgun and say, “Clutch this.”

Because I live in an action movie.

But seriously, I think if he does try some sort of national gun ban, it will be interesting to see. For all the left’s trying to equivocate on the fourth amendment, I think it will be enlightening how many of them choose to stick with such statements and support them in light of Obama very clearly violating a constitutional amendment. I know a few Obots who used to be fairly rational people about gun laws and later tried to defend him as not being a gun-grabber. So, while the actual implications are horrifying and pushing us steadily onward towards a new revolution or civil war, somehow one of the things I’m most interested in is just how much kool-aid these people have been drinking.

Maybe it’s more comforting to think about that than the larger reality of what could happen.

Posted by on 04/30/09 at 10:46 AM from United States

I work with one - about two weeks ago she started in about this crap, which didn’t fly too well here in reality land.  She eventually stormed off when I told her Obama was a “sock puppet” for Soros…

Posted by Sean Galbraith on 04/30/09 at 12:26 PM from Canada

What has Obama said to indicate that he would be in favor of a national gun ban?

“Global currency”? C’mon. You’ve gotta be smarter than that, I hope. NO ONE is talking about a global currency (well, save for right wing nutback talk show hosts).

Posted by Sean Galbraith on 04/30/09 at 12:32 PM from Canada

I ask the gun question genuinely curious. I mean, it seems absurd to believe he would support banning guns altogether.

Posted by Aaron - Free Will on 04/30/09 at 12:32 PM from United States

Sean: Actually, the Chinese suggested creating a global reserve currency backed by the IMF. Geithner stupidly said he was “open to it”, which caused a panic in the currency markets until Obama essentially retracted the comment.

I do think it’s more Geithner being supremely incompetent than it is a conspiracy, though. Geithner shouldn’t just resign, he should never have been appointed.

Posted by Sean Galbraith on 04/30/09 at 01:07 PM from Canada

Geithner didn’t say he was “open to” a new currency… he said he was open to the increased use of International Monetary Fund’s special drawing rights. Saying he was open to some new global currency is incorrect.

“We’re actually quite open to that suggestion [drawing rights] – you should see it as rather evolutionary rather building on the current architecture rather than moving us to global monetary union,” he said.

Posted by Aaron - Free Will on 04/30/09 at 01:15 PM from United States

Saying he was open to some new global currency is incorrect.

That’s because Geithner misunderstood the question, not because everybody else did. FT:

China’s central bank on Monday proposed replacing the US dollar as the international reserve currency with a new global system controlled by the International Monetary Fund.

Everybody in this business knows that the world hinges on their word choices, yet Geithner makes a habit of taking out of his ass.

Posted by on 04/30/09 at 04:19 PM from United States

I mean, it seems absurd to believe he would support banning guns altogether

Why?  I mean, he’s stated his support for this previously…

Posted by on 04/30/09 at 06:05 PM from Germany

He hasn’t come out and advocated a national gun ban, but he hasn’t been shy about using tried and true leftist generalities to demonize certain types of gun ownership, creating a boogeyman that doesn’t exist.

For instance, from On the Issues: this was during his Senate debate with Alan Keyes.

OBAMA: “Let’s be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.”

An “assault weapon” is simply a perjorative term leftists like Obama use about semi-automatic rifles to imply that they are “machine guns”.  Obama, quite simply, is full of shit here.

The same site also points out that he supported a ban on ALL semi-automatic weapons while in the Illinois Senate.  My .22LR pistol, which won’t do much damage to anything larger than a squirrel barring a point-blank shot, is a semi-automatic gun.

Notice that during the presidential debates, he talks about “34 chicago students” being killed by guns.  Chicago has one of the most draconian gun bans in the nation, so you’d think Obama would make the connection that banning guns doesn’t do jack shit to stop gun crime in this country.

Also notice in the first entry on that page that he never actually answered the point-blank questions regarding gun ownership that were asked of him.  Just a bunch of generalized gobbledy-gook that never actually revealed his position.

Posted by HARLEY on 05/01/09 at 05:08 AM from United States

He publicly supported the position, while he was Senator, State Rep, and neighborhood organizer then as he ran for Pres he changed his tune, WHY praytell, should i trust him now?........

Next entry: No Debt Left Behind