The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it - Henry David Thoreau

Cut Off

Sorry for the lack of posting.  I woke up this morning and my internet access was down.  Why?  Because we recently switched from Comcast to Time Warner.  I was with Comcast for two years and their service couldn’t have been better.  I’ve been with Time Warner for three weeks now, and my internet has gone down more than a drunk prom date.  It’s driving me insane.

So now I’m at work, and I’m in meetings all morning.  I’ll post as soon as I get a chance to read the news.

Posted by Lee on 10/31/06 at 10:06 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by salinger on 10/31/06 at 11:21 AM from United States

I’m suffering from similar tyupes of troubles with cable TV. Same switch, Comcast to TW. What could they be doing different? It has to be the same equipment doesn’t it?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 11:57 AM from United States

Switched from Adelphia to Time Warner here during the summer.  Internet was constantly going down.  It would shut off for 30 minutes, come back up for like a minute and a half and then go down again for another 3 hours.  Its been stable since then but I was really pissed.

Posted by Hal_10000 on 10/31/06 at 05:08 PM from United States

I had the opposite experience.  Comcast would go down for a day or two sometimes (my wife would call them until they refunded our money).  I get the occasional outage with TW.  But I leave in East Bumble, Texas, so I’m just grateful I have hi-speed at all.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 06:45 PM from United States

East Bumble, TX?

Would that be northeast of Houston?  :)

I have Time Warner.  Had problems with it at first (about five years ago), but now all is fine the majority of the time.  I have it for cable TV, Internet (Road Runner), and digital phone service.  No complaints.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 06:50 PM from United States

btw - HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!!!!!!

CHEERS!  {raises glass of wine to all}

So far, I’ve had one little trick or treater.  Still early though.....

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 06:52 PM from United States

We’re expecting quite an onslaught. We have plenty of candy though because you don’t want to run out when the 16 years drop by at 10pm. WTF?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 06:52 PM from United States

Because we recently switched from Comcast to Time Warner.

Who is this “we” you speak of?
Switched as in Time Warner bought that franchise area?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 06:59 PM from United States

How true!  We always have several of those as well.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 07:48 PM from United States

I woke up this morning and my internet access was down.

This is why I have both DSL (Earthlink) and cable broadband (Comcast) on a “load sharing” router with two uplink/WAN ports. The chance of both of them going down simultaneously is very low, even if there’s a widespread power outage.  We lost power and the Comcast connection a few weeks ago, but didn’t even notice because we both were using laptops and the modems, router, and WIFI are all on UPS. I finally noticed because my background music, from XM/DirecTV, went away. (Yes, it was daytime.)

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 09:05 PM from United States

OMG! Nerd alert!

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 09:53 PM from United States

Wasting more of the money he claims will one day go to charity, although he’s made statement sayin all if it is going now.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 10:26 PM from United States

Oh, I’ve got it much worse. You see, I’m one of those ignorant fucks that has the cable phone thing. It goes down faster than a priest on a ....nevermind.

Next entry: What they Really Think

Previous entry: What Would Reagan Do?