We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

Do what they tell you…

And so it begins. Here is a glimpse into the new healthcare system we are going to get. First they will come for those that smoke and they can call fat - watch for the obesity threshold to come down to near anorexic levels too - to get their “cost savings”. These people, which literally can translate to everyone as we all are potential smokers or obese people, will be treated as nothing less than lepers. Government will have harsh rules they must obey or they will be massively punished, first through excessive taxation, and eventually by being labeled as unclean. Many will nod in agreement as these people become second class. After all, these idiots brought it upon themselves. If they could just leave the smokes and the food alone, then there would be no problem. Then they will find new categories of sub people. The elderly, the mentally challenged, the wrong religion or ideology, the wrong race. See this is not new. It has happened before. Back in the 1930s there was an entire culture based on the uber mensh, and those that did not meet the uber mensh standard, were treated as cattle. In fact, they even created a hated class they could blame all the problems on, and then actively pursued their extermination. Have no doubt that we have elite fascists in charge right now, and that when they talk “hope & change”, that this is where the whole thing is going to lead us. I am sure one could invoke the Godwin law if one didn’t want to actually have to debate the fact that once government owns healthcare it no longer will be a right unless you are one of the chosen.

Cross posted at Wasting time with Alex

Posted by AlexinCT on 07/28/09 at 05:12 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by Sean Galbraith on 07/28/09 at 07:31 AM from Canada

Wow, your paranoia really knows no limits, does it?

Posted by InsipiD on 07/28/09 at 07:41 AM from United States

Yes.  At best, the government health plan will be like the biggest, meanest HMO.  You’ll never get the level of service or care that you get from the PPO plans that the evil profiteering insurance companies offer.  It’s going to be appalling.

Many will nod in agreement as these people become second class.

In the case of Obama and his health plan, many of these second class were the ones who wanted it voted in.  Social service office waiting areas are often filled with obese people, and the parking lot littered with cigarette butts.

As to the nodding in agreement, it’s already happening.  I was reading a thread on The Consumerist a while back about airplane seating.  The things that some people said about sitting near (not even next to) the overweight were beyond “second class.” I think there’s been a pretty vicious discussion along those lines here, too.

“This genetically ill person will cost our people’s community 60,000 marks over his lifetime. Citizens, that is your money.” Genetically ill or creature of bad habit will alike see reduction in permitted service

Posted by on 07/28/09 at 08:02 AM from Germany

Wow, since most of my weight problem was brought on by the amount of pain I experience whenever I work out - which in turn is largely the result of sports injuries over the years, the government will make sure to give me a waiver, correct?

Stop laughing.

I don’t find it be paranoia at all - I know how these people think as well.  Care will have to be rationed, and those that aren’t playing the game with them will be the first on the chopping block.

Posted by InsipiD on 07/28/09 at 10:12 AM from United States

Wow, your paranoia really knows no limits, does it?

It’s not paranoia when they really are after you.

Posted by on 07/28/09 at 03:29 PM from United States

I’ve been lurking for some time, basically since Lee died.  I can’t bring myself to post.  Knowing the crap above is basically Lee’s legacy breaks my heart.  For the most part this has become a giant amen corner full of intellectually lazy people who bash Obama and democrats and don’t have much of a point of view beyond that.  (Hal, I’m not speaking of you) I really miss the debates and yes, even the insult fests cause there was always a point behind them. Theres a house still, but nobody’s home.  I wish the powers that be would consider retiring the site and maybe going sosmewhere else the group decided on.
Whatever you decide, I will miss so many of you.  I think you know who you are.I wish everyone only the best.  This was wonderful experience but it has lost it’s heart and its soul.  Hats off to all who tried so hard to respect Lee’s memory.
Love and respect to all you mentally challenged, hard partying, questionable writing,comically logical republicans and also to the libertarians who understand the ideals of the party and don’t want to change it to warmongers like everybody else.
Diane (Beano)

Posted by Hal_10000 on 07/28/09 at 07:08 PM from United States

Beano, I miss your commenting!  I hope you’ll come back at some point.

Posted by AlexinCT on 07/28/09 at 07:57 PM from United States

Beano,

I am sure many people that felt and thought like you told those that warned about the direction things where going in the 1930s that what they were saying was, to use your words: “crap”. Also I am not a republican. I am a conservative. And if you have issue with my arguments, debate them. All you do is dismiss them with some rhetoric and wish for the days that the same kind of people that voted in Obama were leading the discussion (propaganda). What Obama is doing is indefensible. Your comment about warmongers is telling.

Posted by Miguelito on 07/29/09 at 12:37 AM from United States

As a formerly fucking huge person (I’m still about 250 but I was 460 2 years ago) there’s a reason on planes.  The last times I flew while that large, I hated it.  Though, unlike some, I made sure to get all the info ahead of time.  Southwest had the best rules: If you didn’t fit in the seat (arm goes down all the way) you were required to buy a 2nd seat, but if the plane wasn’t full, you got 1 refunded.  One flight on a smaller plane once (Delta IIRC) I asked ahead of time and they said there was no requirement and not to worry.  I ended up getting sat next to my boss (and friend) and we were wedged together so tight it was painful for both of us.  I think airlines should all follow the same rules that SouthWest uses (used? been awhile) as it’s the best for all.

If you’re that big and can’t fit in one seat, you should have to pay for more then one.

Granted, I also think the airlines shouldn’t be able to narrow the seats beyond a reasonable size and then screw over people that are otherwise not that big too.  Some small planes have pathetically narrow seats.

Flew back east last Summer for vacation (while I was still around 300 lbs) and while I went first class (treated myself, and bought really early so it wasn’t tha tmuch) it was way more comfortable then it had been when I was my biggest.  Was another of those moments that really made me realize just how huge I’d been too.

Posted by on 07/29/09 at 03:53 AM from United Kingdom

Beano – I hope you do hang around, it’s a shame when people quit the family!

But I do agree that the tone of this blog has changed in ridiculous proportions to ‘the sky is falling’ paranoid ramblings the such I last saw during the Bush administration by Michael Moore fans.

There is a tonne of stuff to bash Obama on – and a lot of the healthcare posts are totally on point. However, if your rabid argument is that Obama is a secret collectivist who is trying to trick America into creating an underclass, and AlexCT is the only one who has worked out the truth, you are making this place sound like Right Thinking From the left Kos.

Seriously – ‘and so it begins’ – ‘drum roll’………..some study by a ‘non partisan economic policy and research’ group says that the government ‘may need to consider’ taxing unhealthy foods.

Do I think that that the US should have a universal healthcare system? Probably not. But mainly because I don’t think it will work – not because I think it is a secret backdoor way to collectivise the means of production. That is just hystericism, and gets in the way of the real debate. And will most probably lead to you guys having a health care system that just logistically doesn’t work.

Posted by AlexinCT on 07/29/09 at 06:29 AM from United States

I am not surprised you feel this way britishcress. However, as someone that has closely watched what is going on, I can assure you that the end goal here with everything that Obama has done since he became president and the democrats have done the last 2 years, all are intended to cripple the existing system and shove government into every aspect of of people’s lives. It is all about grabbing power. The rest, and especially the bull about fixing anything, is all smoke and mirrors.

The things that are wrong with our healthcare system and drive up costs - frivolous law suits, massive costs of malpractice insurance, and the associated cost of CYA medical testing as well as the fact that government forces private institutions to provide care to uninsured people but then does not pony up the cash to cover that mandate - both remain unaddressed in this fix. And that’s because democrats are beholden to lawyers, and often lawyers themselves, and completely uninterested in really fixing any problems. It is now becoming obvious as more people faced with the facts clearly see they are being had when the democrats say they are doing it to reign in or cut costs. Especially when the real costly things never seem to be addressed at all.

Posted by on 07/29/09 at 08:42 AM from United States

Amazing how certain posters just want to dismiss Alex’s POV and don’t even bother to debate what he brings up, and then in turn lament the site moving away from the “torture is bad, bush sucks” maniufesto (in which opposing views were similarly treated) that it had become in the latter days before Lee essentially gave up posting here himself.  You guys (the ones who thre in for are either incrediby spoled or very thin-skinned.

Posted by on 07/29/09 at 09:01 AM from United Kingdom

That is because that they are undebateable. If Alex thinks that theres a secret communist conspiracy in the White House, then that’s his opinion. I can just disagree. AlexCT’s proof is that he has ‘closely watched what is going on’, and that ‘he can assure me’ that it really is the case.

All I am pointing out is that you are using the exact same logic and language that the libtards have been for the past 8 years. Read the article above and replace ‘healthcare’ with ‘National Security’ and ‘democrats/Obama’ with ‘GWB’ and tell me it doesn’t sound like a typical conspiracy loving libtard Mooreon.

However, I did point out that an independent report that postulated that taxing fatty foods might help obesity is hardly proof that the government wants to create an underclass of citizens based on how much they weigh. I count that as debate.

Posted by on 07/29/09 at 09:55 AM from United States

I think this entire post might invoke some corollary to Godwin’s Law.

Posted by AlexinCT on 07/29/09 at 03:06 PM from United States

That is because that they are undebateable.

If you look at the facts, what has been done so far and what else they want to do, you are correct that what I say is undebatable. There is no way to dismiss the facts that back me up.

Absolutely britishcress: I believe firmly that everyone has the right to disagree. But when all someone does is disagree and lament, without addressing the underlying facts, then there is an issue there. How hard would it be to disprove my underlying points if they were invalid? The facts speak for themselves.

The current government took over several parts of our private sector. It started with the big democrat donor banks & financial companies - such as Citigroup, Sachs, and Bank of America – which where handed obscene amounts of money. All so government could continue to legislate the underlying requirement that caused this financial meltdown: loans to high risk and highly unqualified people. And this because these collectivist idiots think the problem isn’t with forcing the market to make bad choices but because capitalism is evil. Then we got the take over of several industries, ranging from insurance (AIG), to mortgage lenders, to car manufacturing. In the case of the car industry they robbed the investors and handed control of companies, and their finances, to their union buddies. They had a massive blowup with the AIG bonus fiasco. Then we can look at that stimuluspatronage bill we were told had to be passed ASAP. In fact they passed it so quickly most of them now admit they didn’t read it, that it is going to stimulate nothing, and that it was in general pay off to democrat operatives, lobbyists, and donors, and then right on time to flood democrat politician’s campaign coffers around the 2010 election cycle. Deficit spending? Obama is poised to spend as much as was done under Bush, with the bulk of that done after democrats won majorities in congress in 2006, in toto. What about “Cap and Tax” and that promise of taxes only on the rich? Who are the democrats going to eat after they finish with the rich this year? Of course, the left loves to claim that Bush wasted money on wars and Obama is doing it to save us from the evil capitalism. Blame Bush! That’s the excuse so they can take advantage of crisis times. This healthcare bill is just the culmination of a tyrannical takeover. Foreign policy? The list goes on. None of these points I make, which all come together to form a scary picture, can be debated.

I am left wondering if you are either suffering from a memory condition or being duplicitous on purpose here britishcress. The left never had much evidence for any of the things they accused Bush of. In fact, most of it was manufactured and propaganda. The things they claimed Bush did wrong suddenly are defended or weakly objected to under Obama. Even when he goes on to make the stuff done under Bush look like chump change (deficit spending). As I often pointed out then, Bush could have found the cure for cancer and he would have been lambasted for ignoring AIDS. There is a difference.