I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them - Isaac Asimov

Dumbass of the Day

I just logged in to the ID discussion going on under the Banned Books threat and noticed that some fucking moron had hosed the page by posting a link that was too long.  “Why is it so hard for these fucking idiots to follow directions?” So I scrolled up to see who the idiot of the day was and discovered it was me.

Everyone laugh at me and throw things at my head.  I deserve it.

Posted by Lee on 02/28/06 at 02:08 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by LandoGriffin on 02/28/06 at 03:12 PM from United States

Everyone laugh at me and throw things at my head

Fundies and ideologues to the front of the line

I kid because I love

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 03:20 PM from Canada

Jesus: Those who are without links over 50 characters can be the first to cast stones.

silence

Jesus: Lee. Has no one come to condemn you?

Lee:  No sir

Jesus:  Then neither do I condemn you.  Go and sin no more.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 02/28/06 at 03:27 PM from United States

See what drinking at work all day does to your brain? :^D

Posted by Drumwaster on 02/28/06 at 03:28 PM from United States

I’ve gotten burned once or twice even when there were less than 50 characters. I think that your software just doesn’t like some URLs…

But never let it be said that I ignored the wishes of my host.

{throws things at Lee’s head}

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 03:35 PM from United States

Bwaaahahahahahahaahahaaa!!!!

Posted by Nethicus on 02/28/06 at 04:41 PM from United States

Everyone laugh at me and throw things at my head.  I deserve it.

Well, being someone who hosed a thread with a long link, I say welcome to the club.

Posted by HARLEY on 02/28/06 at 04:43 PM from United States

Everyone laugh at me and throw things at my head.  I deserve it.

Kool......

{throws a Ford 400 engine block at Lee’s head}

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 04:50 PM from United States

{throws a Ford 400 engine block at Lee’s head}

Take it easy, Harley. He’s no Reginald Denny and you’re no gangbanger from So Central, or are you?

Posted by HARLEY on 02/28/06 at 04:55 PM from United States

He’s no Reginald Denny and you’re no gangbanger from So Central, or are you?

Fuck no, im just a sister banging buck tooth redneck......

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 05:11 PM from United States

Well, hell’s bells…

I just posted to that thread and now it seems hopelessly bollixed.

I guess the projectiles need to head my way, now.

Great. Just f’ing great…

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 05:15 PM from United States

Ehh, maybe I spoke too soon. It seems to be working now, but ten minutes ago, it was hose in all three browsers (IE, FireFox, Moz).

Hell’s bells anyhow.

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 05:27 PM from United States

Lee -

I’ve done that so many times, you should just rename it “Pulling a Gadman.”

Posted by InsipiD on 02/28/06 at 05:43 PM from United States

The best way to throw things at somebody is with a Bryco 9mm held sideways over your head and pointed back down, like in Menace II Society.  That’s why you move the sights to the left side of the slide.

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 07:27 PM from United States

See, Lee, if you had been made by a supreme being you wouldn’t make that mistake. Appearing from goo is what makes you so mistake prone.

I keed, I keed.

Posted by HARLEY on 02/28/06 at 07:51 PM from United States

you mean like this?

Posted by mikeguas on 02/28/06 at 08:25 PM from United States

Another dumbass is this guy, who pissed off a bunch of homeless people by saying he was going to give each of them 10 dollars, and then took off after giving an hour long speech without distributing any money .Maybe he can run as a Democrat next year. I like the reaction of some of the homeless. They felt cheated, as though they gave up a day of work or something.

Posted by mikeguas on 02/28/06 at 08:57 PM from United States

Speaking of homelessness, and now off way off topic, but this guy kicks ass Ted Hayes. For those of you who lived in So Cal 15 or so years ago, he was the homeless activist who was on the news every night because he was blasting the Republicans for not helping the homeless. He created or helped in creating ‘Tent City’.

I saw him on TV one night talking about how the Democrats were using him. In fact, I think it was for the Democratic convention. They told him they loved him, they said great job, and when the cameras left, so did they, and basically told him to fuck off with their silence from that point forward. Now he’s a Republican. Tent City is now Dome Village, and by the pictures, it looks pretty cool. It’s mostly or entirely from private money, and he’s pushing for an end to homeless without the false promises of government bullshiters.

It’s interesting that the news media around here never talk about him anymore. I guess when saying the Democrats don’t give a fuck, your right to be on the air goes away. I think I’ll drop a few bucks to this guy. He seems alright in my book.

Posted by on 02/28/06 at 09:31 PM from United States

Banned Books threat

You even spelled thread wrong. HAHAHAHAHA

Neener, Neener, Neener.

Posted by InsipiD on 02/28/06 at 09:44 PM from United States

you mean like this?

Yeah, except that the sights have to be on the left or ‘bottom’ of the slide so that you can hold it over your head.  I’ve seen that before...real thugs wouldn’t waste money on a Glock anyway...it’s gotta be Bryco or Lorcin.  I expect the anti-gun lobby to soon ban all non junk guns.  Remember, if you’re pointing a JA-NINE at someone else, there’s a pretty good chance you’ll end up hitting yourself with the slide instead, just like they want.

Posted by on 03/01/06 at 09:46 AM from United States

First there was Tiny Naylor’s.  NOW, there’s TinyURL!

Next entry: Uncivil War