I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them - Isaac Asimov

Fighting the Good Fight

I defy anyone—especially anyone who has lost or is danger of losing a job—to watch this video and not get enraged.

There is no sense of solidarity with the state here.  In a way, I admire the woman saying, “give me money”.  At least she’s honest.  She’s not cloaking her greed in self-righteous rhetoric.

It’s this relentless demagoguery, enabled by a compliant media, that has paralyzed efforts to cut spending.  It’s so effective that anyone who opposes it is political fodder.  Chris Christie, for example polling in the 30’s.

(Inspiring moment for me—Christie doesn’t give a shit about the polls.  He’s determined to save the state of New Jersey despite itself.  More of this, please.)

This is only going to get uglier.  When even modest budget cuts and spending freezes are met with the kind of hysteria, you can imagine what might happen when the budget axe really comes down.

Posted by Hal_10000 on 04/23/10 at 07:03 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 04/23/10 at 09:13 PM from United States

This is just depressing, and I think you’re absolutely right about things getting ugly in the (near) future. The SEIU sorts obviously have a lot at stake and will not respond kindly to the kind of dramatic cuts that are necessary. On the other hand, the people footing the bill are becoming increasingly frustrated with the current system. A political head-on collision is basically inevitable since it’s hard to imagine ever bringing people like the ladies in this video on board for smaller government in any meaningful sense… Honestly, they seem like they would much prefer a complete systemic collapse rather than lose their handouts. God save us if that sort of cancerous mentality becomes even more widespread in this country.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/24/10 at 08:15 AM from United States

here is another video of it.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/24/10 at 08:17 AM from United States

blood will flow, mark my words. The entitlement mentality that people like this have, will not for allow for them being cut off.

Posted by on 04/24/10 at 09:59 AM from United States

The parasites are getting desperate because the host they are feeding off of wants to live…

Posted by on 04/24/10 at 10:49 AM from United States

Here in Albuquerque, the head of the local AFSCME chapter, which houses a bunch of government workers for the city, recently stated that the union needed to “go to war” with the city--over a 3% pay cut.

In the meantime, the city itself is grappling with a 9% unemployment rate.

I wish I could post links to the story, but the local rag is subscription-only, but I did find this link to a local blog.  The comments to the post there are LOL.

Posted by on 04/24/10 at 05:56 PM from United States

If you believe blood will flow from this unrest consider that Andy Stern, former president of SEIU, just stepped down. No scandal that we know of either so I don’t see this very frequent visitor to the WH as the fly fishing type.
Could he be marshaling the muscle for neo-Nero’s civilian military forces? Cause this zit is about to pop.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/24/10 at 06:21 PM from United States

Andy Stern

I am sure that he has a nice job lined up.