Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur

Former marxists see our fall into marxism..

How ironically sad that after Ronald Reagan proved the leftist twits that rooted for the USSR to win wrong and brought that abomination down, is it to see what once was a mouthpiece of that evil empire pointing out how fast America is going marxist:

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people. True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists. Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their “right” to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our “democracy”. Pride blind the foolish.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different “branches and denominations” were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the “winning” side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the “winning” side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.

We are basically getting scolded by former collectivists about how stupid we are to follow down the same path to disaster as they once did. And how do they tell us our downfall is at hand?

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America’s short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.

The messiah from the left. Me, I am worried the Zimbabwe comparison is more likely. And before the usual collectivist accusations of racism are bandied in hopes of silencing those pointing out the facts, let me say that I chose Zimbabwe, not because the idiot destroying our country’s skin is black, but because he is doing the same shit Mugabe did and does: he is stealing the wealth from the rightful owners, and giving it all to his cronies as payback for their support. This Marxist crap has never worked anywhere ever. I wonder why people think it will work here in the US. I hope there is a mythical “John Connor” like character to lead us out of the devastation soon to come.

Cross-posted at Wasting time with Alex.

Posted by AlexinCT on 05/30/09 at 11:35 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 05/30/09 at 08:35 PM from Germany

Great post--very intriguing perspective.  It’s hard to deny a lot of points that are made, and it’s an interesting summary of how we got into the mess we’re in.

Posted by on 05/30/09 at 11:03 PM from Germany

I saw that editorial and about fell out of my damn chair.  Pravda--fucking PRAVDA--is calling us communists, and in the perjorative sense, no less.

Posted by Manwhore on 05/31/09 at 05:38 PM from Germany

I read this initially and thought “Gee, Pravda will get a lot of hits from this little flame”

People said we were done and over in the first depression. Much like our economy, the system works, as long as we believe in it. Call me a cynic, but there isn’t any other country or system I believe in more than the USA’s to this day.

If I believed otherwise, I would be telling you this was a great post in another language. We’ll bounce back.

Posted by on 05/31/09 at 05:58 PM from United States

The thing is, Manwhore, the spirit of America and its greatness of democracy isn’t some magic power that the dirt under our feet is endowed with. It isn’t an energy field that flows through all citizens and eventually sets right all that would threaten it.

It’s an ideal, a hope, a belief, and these are all things that can still be attacked and destroyed, or simply allowed to fade and die.

Sitting back and saying “Oh well, we’ll be fine, don’t worry about it” is the easiest way to let them die, too. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing, and shrugging and saying “Whatevs, it’ll get back to normal” is doing nothing.

If Obama succeeds in establishing socialism as he is very clearly and actively trying to do, it’s not something that’s just gonna snap back in another term or two of him not being in office, it’s not something that will just fade away. Government shifting to adapt to, support, and establish socialism is something that could effectively be a death knell for that system that works, that dream, and that ideal.

Believing in it isn’t enough. You can believe in justice, but you don’t sit back and wait for bad things to happen to criminals, you go out and capture them and actually enforce justice. You can believe in the better nature of man, but you still take your keys and lock your car.

Posted by Manwhore on 05/31/09 at 06:22 PM from Germany

My first Light saber showdown with Rann! I like it!

Are you going to tell me that you’ve read a Pravda article and now believe that Americans are the willing subjects of marxism? I don’t think there’s any real energy that drives us, but you’d be hard pressed to tell me that we’re in the midst of marxism. That’s some real tin foil hat accusations, right there.

When did I say I’m doing nothing about it? Did I or do I advocate marxism? Did I ever say we’re going to accept it? It’s quite the opposite, but I’m not going to read some opinion piece on the internet and think that because they got some hits, that this is now the truth. To be blunt, “Niggah Pleaze.” We haven’t even had a real fight in a while. I don’t think that this country is just going to dry up and blow away because we elected a buff black man who’s a closet socialist.

Uhh, we’ve survived all this before. it’s not like I get my news from Mtv, and think that any little newsgrabber is the truth. We may be more apathetic than before, but with so much stripped from the American way of life, I’m not counting us as down for the count.

WERD! So, I guess that this tough talk will be backed up by something more than E-thuggin’.

Posted by on 05/31/09 at 06:41 PM from United States

Well, I wasn’t trying to start anything with you, but since all disagreement is an attack on the one you’re disagreeing with’s very soul and must be met with all guns blazing, fine.

What exactly does our being willing have to do with it? I wasn’t willing to have car companies turned over to their unions, but they were. My will and the will of Americans at large doesn’t seem to mean a whole hell of a lot.

Also, nice drop of “tin foil”. Wanna throw in something about a right wing conspiracy of whining to really hit that full “I am so much more reasonable than you” cred?

Uh, you were saying “It won’t matter, we’ll survive and get back to normal”. Maybe you don’t quite realize, but this implies a stance of “Lay back and think of George Washington, the soreness will fade eventually.”

Also, if you’re going to try and be “street” and say that sort of stuff, you may as well have the balls to actually say what you’re saying. You’re still talking about the same stuff if you call someone an a-hole as if you call them an asshole. Also nice bit of unnecessary race-baiting with the “buff black man” comment. Nigger please.

Speak to your own apathy.

And now chickenhawk accusations. Did WVR or hazehead hack your account or something?

First of all, people are out there and doing more, protesting in person, trying to bring these subjects to light. There are also people who are prepared and ready to do more should it come to a point where that is necessary.

It’s not at that point yet, luckily. But at least it’s better than just smugly declaring that it’s all fine, it’ll be set right someday, and that any worries to the contrary are tinhattery. Such comments are so worthless as to actually have negative meaning, sucking meaning and intelligence from better comments around them.

Posted by Manwhore on 05/31/09 at 06:54 PM from Germany

And they will fail if they can’t make cars people want. It’s as simple as that. If you believe otherwise, please tell me. We’re going to be in debt for it, but the government is half in, and half out of many industries. Color me unimpressed that we’re shocked to see that the government will be involved in the car companies, whether it be inside or outside of bankruptcy.

I’ll leave that one hanging. I really LOLed, though.

Well, I guess you are John Galt, but like all John Galts I am reading about, they’re only John Galts on the interwebs. To me, much like a Carter, four years would do an Obama in. It took a Carter to get a Reagan, so I remain optimistic that our constitution, our founding principles, and our core beliefs will turn the tide.

I didn’t say all was fine, I just said this isn’t the first time people have declared us down and out, and it won’t be the last. You can get all worked up about a Pravda article, an author who’s obviously out there to troll and a sentiment that people are consciously aware of, but I will try and remain calm about the whole affair and try to put it in perspective.

Posted by on 06/01/09 at 12:57 PM from United States

I don’t see how we dig ourselves out of this.

The government will not voluntarily give up all the new authority it has granted itself.  And people aren’t anywhere near mad enough to force them to do so at gun point.

The people that will actually bear the burden of this massive new debt through increased taxes are rapidly becoming the minority as more and more people are exempted from paying taxes in any meaningful amount.  So once a majority are free from any tax burden they will simply vote for more and more handouts and increased taxes on the “rich” which the opposition will be unable to prevent.  It will be a looting on a national scale followed by a massive collapse as anyone with the means to do so flees elsewhere and the stockpile of loot gets smaller and smaller.  Look at Detroit, that is our future.

Posted by on 06/01/09 at 01:00 PM from United States

I wouldn’t call it marxism though, historically marxists forced people (often at gunpoint) to work.  It might have been meaningless, but at least they were doing something.

In obamas america even that little bit of productivity is no longer necessary for government aid.

The USSR was propped up by essentially slave labor, we won’t even have that.

Posted by Akula on 06/02/09 at 10:01 PM from United States

It’s worth noting that this article was written by a freelance blogger, who upon further investigation, appears to be an ultra-nationalist religious zealot, and was only re-printed in Pravda.

Posted by AlexinCT on 06/11/09 at 06:56 AM from United States

Does that make the point it is making any less true or irrelevant? We all saw how well any and all collectivist ideologies work - 100 years of failures and degeneration from brutal tyrannical governments, quite willing to exterminate their own people, to the slow and soft implosion of prosperous societies where people trade freedoms for false securities – and yet, here we are going exactly down that path.

Remember that the best definition of insanity is doing the exact same stupid thing, over and over, and expecting a different result. The most dangerous people, IMO, are the ones that think they can make something that has failed for over 100 years to work, because they are smarter than the other people that tried it. That’s arrogance and insanity all wrapped into one.