Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur

Got Your Number Off the Bathroom Wall

From the tape of the cocksucker arrest (man, it’s nice to have a legitimate excuse to use the word “cocksucker”—I don’t even have to put “worthless” in front of it!) we find that the cops weren’t too pleased when they found out who he was.

Karsnia said that he had cited several people for similar behavior in the past and that he was disappointed in the senator.

“You are sitting here lying to a police officer,” Karsnia responded. “People vote for you. Unbelievable.”

Shit, we have a president who orders the nation’s top cop, Gonzo, to figure out ways to subvert the Constitution they both swore to defend and protect.  Lying to a cop about cruising for a blow in a toilet?  That ain’t nothing.

Posted by Lee on 08/30/07 at 04:18 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 08/30/07 at 05:06 PM from United States

Got Your Number Off the Bathroom Wall

Faster Pussycat?

Posted by Lee on 08/30/07 at 05:08 PM from United States

Dude, the fact that you knew that reference is even gayer than the fact that I used it as the title to this post. :)

Posted by Thrill on 08/30/07 at 05:18 PM from United States

I think the best commentary I’ve seen yet on Sen Craig was these guys.

The punch line at the end is the best part.

Posted by dwex on 08/30/07 at 05:44 PM from United States

Faster Pussycat?

Umm, Tommy Tutone. 867-5309

Posted by Manwhore on 08/30/07 at 05:54 PM from United States

So I was reading about this today and the guy had his foot over another guys foot in a bathroom stall.

After lunch I had the chunderous notion so I went in and decided to experiment using the stall next to me. After a quick test run, I realized that you’d actually have to be standing up to even HOPE to hit a foot in the next stall. Stalls toilets are a good four to five feet from one another.

So as I was sand-blasting I tried to both chunder AND see how far my foot would stretch over, and it wouldn’t work. It’s pysically impossible to me to ‘accidentally’ touch another man’s foot in the shitter. I agree with the cop.

this senator is a cock-gobbling tosser with the gift of shameless lying. Oh, wait, he’s a christian fundie politico. Why would I ever think he wouldn’t be?

Posted by on 08/30/07 at 06:08 PM from United States

What I want to know is: What’s with this idiocy of going around asking strange men in bathrooms for gay sex, anyway?  I mean, if the idiot is gay, fine---why doesn’t he find himself a willing, discreet partner, and go do whatever he wants to do someplace private, for the gods’ sake?  As things stand, he’s shot his career and probably his marriage right through the head.

I can think of a bunch of reasons why this sort of behavior is a Very Seriously Bad Idea, and the danger of arrest is only one of them.  A lot of straight men maybe are all right with gays existing, but don’t want to be approached---particularly if the approacher is persistent and doesn’t take a hint.  (This sort of thing, BTW, might just be behind a lot of so-called “gay-bashings"---it wasn’t that the victim was gay, it was that he didn’t take “No, and I mean it!” for an answer.  Before anybody starts screaming “homophobe,” ask yourselves:  How many women have you heard complaining about men who won’t take “No,” or “go away,” or “I’m married and happy that way,” or “I’d rather have it sewed up” as a clear hint that their advances are not going well?)

Another interesting possibility is getting mugged.  If I were needier and more ruthless than I am (not to mention as han’sum as I was in my younger days) I could probably have a nice little sideline of luring these idiots in, then sticking a knife into their faces and relieving them of their wallets.

Posted by Manwhore on 08/30/07 at 06:22 PM from United States

I totally agree. Gay men sometimes just never give up. My threshold is when I say I don’t want to be touched. I can tell you this much, if some creep tried to feel me up whilst taking a shit, I’d consider it a call to violence. It’s not ok.

I get the mental image this guy might have attempted this sort of behavior because he’d become accostomed to a lifestyle he can get away with most places. I’m sure it’s akin to a cruisy restroom, and I’m sure he felt like he’d found a taker.

Posted by Lee on 08/30/07 at 06:45 PM from United States

Here’s my guess:  total anonymity.  Say he met a guy through a chat room or online personal or something.  That leaves a paper trail.  The guy might find out who he is and blackmail him.  Someone might find out about the affair and blackmail him.  His political opponents might find out about it and use it against him in an election.

The only true way to guarantee privacy is through anonymous contact.  This is one reason so many men do this—they’re married, with families and careers and kids and such, but they just have this urge that has to be met every now and then.  So they keep it on the down low.  It’s two men, both of whom are possibly in similar situations, who meet to quickly fulfill a biological urge, after which they’re gone.  No names, no personal info, nothing that can be traced.

Unless you get busted.

I think men’s rooms are used for cruising primarily because of the convenience.  It’s a place that comes built with an alibi—I was in there taking a shit.  The stalls offer a private area where the act can take place.  You’re in, you get off, and you’re out.  I don’t think there’s a sexual component to the toilet (for most of the guys, anyway), I think it’s just sheer convenience.  You could have your wife and kids at the airport with you.  You say you’re gonna take a dump, you go in, and come out 10 minutes later with a satisfied look on your face.  And nobody is the wiser.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 08/30/07 at 07:37 PM from United States

Andrew Sullivan posted a letter from a reader who said this was about the difference between “Old” gay culture and “New” gay culture, in effect how “Old” gays still cruise for sex and sort of keep everything hidden, whereas contemporary gays want everything out in the open.

Next entry: Begging and Choosing

Previous entry: Oh Here They Are!