I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them - Isaac Asimov

Help Me I Am In Hill

I think I’m going to be violently ill.  Due to total Republican inaction and incompetence, the Hildebeast has staked out a new position on illegal immigration, and it’s pretty much exactly the same as mine.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is staking out a position on illegal immigration that is more conservative than President Bush, a strategy that supporters and detractors alike see as a way for the New York Democrat to shake the “liberal” label and appeal to traditionally Republican states.

Mrs. Clinton — who is tagged as a liberal because of her plan for nationalized health care and various remarks during her husband’s presidency — is taking an increasingly vocal and hard-line stance on an issue that ranks among the highest concerns for voters, particularly Republicans.

“Bush has done everything he can to leave the doors wide open,” said Robert Kunst, president of HillaryNow.com, a group dedicated to drafting Mrs. Clinton to run for president. “Hillary is the only one taking a position on immigration. She will win that issue hands down.”

In an interview last month on Fox News, Mrs. Clinton said she does not “think that we have protected our borders or our ports or provided our first responders with the resources they need, so we can do more and we can do better.”

In an interview on WABC radio, she said: “I am, you know, adamantly against illegal immigrants.”

“Clearly, we have to make some tough decisions as a country, and one of them ought to be coming up with a much better entry-and-exit system so that if we’re going to let people in for the work that otherwise would not be done, let’s have a system that keeps track of them,” she said.

Unlike many pro-business Republicans, Mrs. Clinton also has castigated Americans for hiring illegal aliens.

“People have to stop employing illegal immigrants,” she said. “I mean, come up to Westchester, go to Suffolk and Nassau counties, stand on the street corners in Brooklyn or the Bronx. You’re going to see loads of people waiting to get picked up to go do yard work and construction work and domestic work.”

This just shows how easily a moderate leftie (or even a pretend moderate leftie like Hillary) can co-opt a huge chunk of the Republican agenda.  I mean, it used to be the GOP that was against illegal immigration on security issues and the Democrats who loved it because they’re bleeding heart morons.  But the Bush years have turned everything on its head, and a smart Democratic candidate is going to be able to capitalize on this total lack order on the right side of the aisle.

Posted by Lee on 04/17/06 at 08:36 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 09:54 AM from United States

As I’ve said before, Lee, Hillary is going to be billed as the perfect choice to replace Bushitler, and the demmies are to be trusted over the ‘pubs.

Either get in line behind Bushitler and the “I liked it better when we were a minority party” ‘pubs, or get ready to have Hillary going in the front door, Bill going in the back door of the White House, and the demmies as YOUR controlling party.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:00 AM from United States

At the rate Iran os going off the deepend, Illegal immigrants will be the least of our problems.

Tehran Threatens West with SUicide bombers

It’s pathetic the pubs can’t get their heads out of thier asses and fucking lead. Hillary is evil, but she is a smart politician and knows almost half of the country will believe any vile bullshit that leaves her mouth, she is full of shit, but she says it none the less.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:03 AM from United States

Wow...so who are the Latinos and illegals going to vote for now?

Posted by Poosh on 04/17/06 at 10:07 AM from United Kingdom

You gotta admire her evil.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:14 AM from United States

Mrs. Clinton — who is tagged as a liberal because

Tagged as a liberal? Who is this asshole kidding? Ok, she’s not a liberal, she’s a socialist, better?

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:31 AM from United States

The real question is, Will she keep that stance?  I doubt it.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:33 AM from United States

The real question is, Will she keep that stance?  I doubt it.

I don’t see her doing anything different than Bubba, hey it worked for him! I bet she even gets her dick sucked by an intern!

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:36 AM from United States

Well, on the bright side, It’ll be fun to call bill the first lady.

Clearly, we have to make some tough decisions as a country,

Yep, it’s gonna suck having her as president.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:56 AM from United States

Socialist may be going a bit light on her - I prefer to call her a Stalinist.

Posted by Nethicus on 04/17/06 at 11:17 AM from United States

Lee, the difference between you and Hil--

You mean what you say.

The Hildebeast is going to be the Prez Candidate for 2008.  That’s it.  Whether she wins or not is a different story.

Personally, I’d like Cheney to run for Prez in 2008.  Just for one reason.  Halfway through the first debate, I want to see Cheney lash out with his tethered harpoon, pull Hillary over while gurgling “Get over here!”, uppercut her, then rip his face off and breath fire on her until she turns into a cinder.  Then hear Bill Lehrer say, “Flawless Victory!  Fatality!”

Posted by Brian at Tomfoolery on 04/17/06 at 11:36 AM from United States

Lee,

Only problem is that no one in their right mind believe a word Hillary says.  Her vote total for 2008 is already set.  She isn’t going to change one mind either way between now and then.  That is why she needs felons ans illegal aliens to vote, and will do everything she can to make it happen, regardless of what she says.

You should know better than to take her seriously.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 11:48 AM from United States

Then shoot what’s left of her with a 12 ga. for good measure. :)

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 12:06 PM from United States

If she’s against it so much, then why was she at the DC rally last week along with Ted “hiccup” Kennedy stating how they were all the ‘face of America?” All I see is a lot of hot air.

And win against who? It’s not like Bush is going to run again. And no one from the GOP has come close to throwing their hat in the ring ‘offically’

Posted by Left Coast Aaron on 04/17/06 at 12:20 PM from United States

Not surprising at all. Remember how the Gingrich revolution of 1994 turned Bill into the Welfare-reform-supporting moderate?

Hillary, ‘tagged’ as a liberal....I believe it. I doubt the Clintons have any principles strong enough to overcome poll numbers, so if the country is moderate, she is too.

If she were running against any of the ‘establishment’ guys in Washington right now...well, I probably wouldn’t vote for her. I’d just sit this one out.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 12:26 PM from United States

Not only that, but this issue is VERY volatile right now.  If the GOP is smart—not that they are, but I can dream—they’ll ask their 2008 candidates to wait until the dust settles before making their positions on illegal immigration highly visible.

In the meantime, let Hillary have as much rope as she needs…

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 12:33 PM from United States

well, for anyone interested, there is a site call Send-a-brick.com that is encouraging folks to mail bricks to their congressmen and senators as a contribution to building a wall. They even include a kind of form letter you can send with it.  Great stuff. And bricks are cheap. Even sending toy bricks would send a strong message. Let’s do that first, then worry about who is left inside our borders to deal with.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 12:41 PM from United States

Hillary is right up with Kerry as far as flip flopping goes.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 01:02 PM from United States

I like the idea of sending bricks. Some website should set up a way where you paypal them money, then they ship to your congressman 1 brick a day for a week, saying it is from you.

The John&Ken;show in LA is encouraging people to order toilet bowl brushes from amazon, and send them to the LA Mayor, who said “We clean your toilets!” last week. Presumably he meant “we” to mean Mexican-Americans. What a jerk.

This border thing is all Bush. After 9/11 he had the cover to immediately fix the problem, but instead he spends years calling the US citizens on the border vigilantes, saying family values don’t end at the Rio Grande, and parrotting the “jobs America won’t do” bullshit.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 01:14 PM from United States

I spoke too soon. It looks like that send-a-brick.com place will have something later where you can order bricks online through them.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 01:15 PM from United States

You got that right. Bush is dead wrong on this issue as so are most of our other politicians. Their ideas about what to do with the illegals already here are like trying to clean up flood damage...before the flood is over. And Hillary is the nagging housefrau going “but, but...the water is our friend. Wait, stop, it’s going to ruin my shoes..stop the flood, build a wall!”

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 01:51 PM from United States

bill the first lady.

I prefer First Bitch
Posted by on 04/17/06 at 01:58 PM from United States

All of this political salivating is over only 6.0% of the votes. Republicans have increased their Hispanic support from 20% to 40% from 96 to 2004. Even if building a wall drops that from 40% back to 30%, which it won’t, big deal!

“In November, 2004, Hispanics accounted for 6.0% of all votes cast, up from 5.5% four years earlier. During this same period, the Hispanic share of the population rose from 12.8% in 2000 to 14.3% in 2004.”

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:10 PM from United States

If they build a wall, it’s not just the hispanic vote they have to worry about losing. Personally, I will move to another country, and retain my American citizenship just so I can send in my absentee ballots for the party that didn’t do it.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:10 PM from United States

when you have states being won by 300 votes..it could be VERY big..Right Mr Gore?

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:12 PM from United States

You and Alec Baldwin..You aint going no where

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:19 PM from United States

You and Alec Baldwin..You aint going no where

Guaranteed, if they build a wall on the border, I am out of here. If you care to put a sizable wager in escrow, I could use your money in Barbados.

ESPECIALLY if the Republican party does it. Because I will be forced to vote Democrat forever after, and I won’t want to live with a 60% tax rate and a 9 month wait when I break my leg.

About the only thing more certain to make me leave would be for the First Amendment to be removed from American law.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:22 PM from United States

It can’t be removed with a Constitutional Amendment.  And why is building a wall a bad thing?

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:23 PM from United States

Meant “without”.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:35 PM from United States

Why is building a wall a bad thing? Because we’re not a prison, we’re not a fortress, and we’re not Israel. We are, allegedly, the land of the free and the home of the brave. The free and the brave dont wall themselves in.

A walled-in America is the land of the weak, and the home of the scared.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 02:38 PM from United States

A walled-in America is the land of the weak, and the home of the scared.

That is one of the dumber arguements against a wall I have ever seen.  “We aren’t afarid so we will not take sensible precautions to keep out terroists and tides of moochers who take advantage of our system and send their paychecks to Mexico.” Really smart.
Posted by on 04/17/06 at 03:11 PM from United States

license2kimjongill - Okay Mr. Smartypants. If the US doesn’t build a wall I will leave. Take that you bully! If you could just get over the emotion of the optics, you would realize the wisdom of constructing the Barrier of Opportunity, affectionatly known as The Boo.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 03:23 PM from United States

Ahh yes. All of those terrorists who have come over the Mexican border and blown stuff up. I mean, after all, 18 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 ran across the Mexican border. Oh wait. NOne of them did, they all came here legally, mostly on airplanes.

“Send us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses… but only if they forget about their families back home, and only if they come in through the official hole in the wall, and only if they can afford to go through the process!”

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 03:25 PM from United States

Knock yourself out. You should run to another scared country that has a wall or plans to build one.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 04/17/06 at 03:55 PM from United States

I still don’t think Her Hillaryness will necessarily win the nomination-but a guy like Mark Warner or Bill Richardson could con enough independents into thinking that they care about this issue.

Posted by DANEgerus on 04/17/06 at 09:18 PM from United States

It’s a December 13, 2004 article…

She’s about 5 flip-flops past that now.

The new plan?

“Illegals to provide the votes American’s won’t.”

Next entry: Flat Tax Blues