The Government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. - Mark Twain

How They Support

A sad anecdote from my girlfriend, Chickenfry.

I work with kids at an after school program. For the last week or so I have doing a project where we have the kids writing letters to wounded Marines out of Camp Pendleton. Today, as I was doing paperwork, I looked up and saw a very pissed-off mother walking towards me.  She said she needed to speak to me, then started off by saying her son had come home and told her that we were writing letters to wounded soldiers.  She then proceeded to tell me that her son would not be writing a letter, that she did not believe in the war, that the soldiers had chosen to put themselves in harms way, and because of this they did not deserve any letters.  She said that she didn’t want her son getting the wrong idea about the war being “okay,” and she would be talking to my boss about the letter writing project.

I stood there in complete disbelief.  I couldn’t even speak. I said okay, she flipped her hair, and walked away.

I don’t much believe in the war either but I do support those soldiers who give up their lives for us. I wanted to tell her what a heartless dumb bitch she was but kept my mouth shut because I wanted a job to come to tomorrow…

Ah, liberals.  Such classy people.  And there’s no liberal classier than a California liberal.

Posted by Lee on 05/30/07 at 10:17 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 05/30/07 at 10:42 PM from United States

I’ve heard Global Warming described as hypochondria for rich people. All these illegal aliens don’t run around demanding cooler temperatures and the more environmentally efficient nuclear energy, they want a better place to live than where they are supposed to.

Some of these liberals super vocal about the war are those types who walk around Trader Joes for way too long, talking way too loud about all the different ways Tofu can benefit society. Oh, and she always brings in her own armful of grocery bags to be recycled, sure to choose the path where the most see her. All because the World is sick, we are sick, and she is here to the rescue, with recycling and Tofu.

This is an epic bond of the insanity of Florence Nightengale Syndrome, and “the sky is falling” insanity, and hypochrondria. You go girl, you Cindy Sheehan.

Posted by on 05/30/07 at 10:43 PM from United States

Give me the heartless dumb bitch’s address and I’ll be more than happy to tell her for you.

Posted by on 05/30/07 at 11:14 PM from United States

And there’s no liberal classier than a California liberal

I don’t know, we got some real winners up in Oregon.
Posted by on 05/30/07 at 11:28 PM from United States

I wish George Bush would take that lady to Guatanamo and torture her.

Posted by on 05/30/07 at 11:28 PM from United States

I’ll put Seattle libtards up against yours any day…

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 05/30/07 at 11:41 PM from United States

Well, I think it would have been worth it to smack that woman upside the head. Sounds like a case of one loon claiming to speak for all, as usual.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 12:43 AM from United States

Psshh...Boulder, CO residents think your liberals are right-wing fanatics.  Just look at all those evil highways and suburban homes!

Regarding the Queen Skank Liberal that poor Chickenfry spoke of:

“Maybe she was abused as a child.”

“God, I fucking hope so.”

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 02:15 AM from Canada

I understand what your g/f went through in a situation like that.  I have to go through it at work all the time dealing with whining cocksucker customers.

It really begs the question, what would people that get this worked up do if they had a real problem?

I also wonder if they’ve always used temper tantrums to get their own way and that’s why they haven’t learned composure as adults.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 03:43 AM from United States

Think it’s bad now, just try to restart the draft.  Back in the day that could have been Dick Cheney’s ma.  After all, he had “better things to do” when his number came up.  In another words, ya don’t fuck with an Americans’s “pursuit of happiness”.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 05:11 AM from United States

I live in GA, and we don’t have too many “real” liberals like this one.  Most “hate the war, love the troops” here.

Is Chickenfry a teacher?  Sorry if you have answered that before :(.  My husband teaches fourth grade.  His main problem is that he can’t give real grades.  If little Cindy doesn’t get an “A”, Mom comes in looking and sounding much like CF’s buddy here.

This is the problem hubby has with school choice - give junior the grade he deserves and his parents will dis-enroll him and send him to private or homeschool.  He teaches in a wealthy district, so they also use PTA and school foundation donations as a stick.  The school performs, so they can’t move him within the system.  Scores don’t have to correlate with grades.

This sets up a different sort of “entitlement” mentality.  If you have money, you can essentially buy grades.  Kid gets to college and has zero critical thinking skills and can’t spell very well, but has a 3.75 average, bought and paid for by Mom and Dad.  No one had to lift a finger doing any real work.  I’m sure they are all SHOCKED at home when he can’t perform at the same level.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 05:38 AM from United Kingdom

What made you think she was a liberal? For all you know she could of been one of those classy right wingers who protests homosexuality at dead soldiers funerals…
That being said, i totally agree with the sentiments raised here, it’s sad that the daft harlot just can’t make the connection that supporting soldiers in the line of duty is not the same as supporting policies which are out of the troops hands.

I can’t think of a worse idea for the military than restarting a draft, the military is a professional entity and it doesn’t need to babysit a load of kids, most British officers agree with this, “national service” does nothing for the military but slow it down and for the same reasons, both are bad ideas.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 07:33 AM from Japan

She can’t be a liberal. A real liberal would have written letter in full knowledge the poor wounded soldier was a victim of the class war, and joining the army was the only way he/she could get a college education.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 08:11 AM from United States

I’ll grant you that Boulder, CO is indeed part of the USSR.....

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 10:06 AM from United States

As long as momma understands that we don’t HAVE to defend her and we won’t.

Oh, and Taliban comin’!!

Some day she will have no choice but to put herself into harm’s way (I believe that’s what protecting your kid is all about) or submit to Taliban.

Git yur gun or git yur burka.  No other choices.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 10:55 AM from Germany

Fucking bitch, those dumb soldiers who knew what they were doing when they joined are making sure the draft is going to be restarted so her son won’t have to go get blown up or shot. It doesn’t make any sense to politicize the troops. both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of this. They follow orders and dont question them publicly. They just do it. We elect the policy makers they enforce it.

Posted by Miguelito on 05/31/07 at 04:30 PM from United States

That’s exactly what I thought of when I saw the talk of This stuff in the news last week.  I had my bad days on tests back in the day, but IME these tests for graduation are so pathetically simple, that for them to have those GPAs and fail tells me that their grades are seriously inflated.

Posted by on 05/31/07 at 07:16 PM from United States

Yeah, right....Is her name “Phelps”?  That family are the only ones who do this protesting at soldiers’ funerals (the word “dead” is redundant here, btw), but that doesn’t stop paul86 from using them as an example of “right wingers”, does it?

This woman is simply a BITCH.  A “fucking bitch”, as someone stated above.

Next entry: Grow A Brain, Morans!

Previous entry: Good Cop, Bad Cop