I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them - Isaac Asimov

Just Say Mao

I sure hope when I’ve been dead for 30 years I can still get a massive erection.

The Chinese authorities say they are putting up a huge statue of Chairman Mao Zedong in Tibet.

The 35-ton memorial is being built to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the former leader’s death.

It is being erected in Gonggar County, near the Tibetan capital Lhasa, China’s state-run news agency Xinhua said.

The statue will rise 7m from a 5m pedestal strengthened to withstand earthquakes. Mao Zedong ordered the Chinese takeover of Tibet in 1950.

The statue will be the central landmark of Gonggar County’s Shangcha square, which covers about 40,000 sq metres, and is scheduled for completion in July.

According to the Beijing authorities, the statue of Mao Zedong will be the largest of its kind in China and the first in Tibet.

Now, if the Taliban want to blow up this statue, I won’t lose any sleep over it.

Posted by Lee on 04/17/06 at 02:45 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 04:28 AM from United States

Q>What comes out of a rodent’s ass?
A>Mousy Dung

Posted by HARLEY on 04/17/06 at 04:36 AM from United States

Oh i love how the BBC glossed over the invasion of a nation and destruction of it’s culture....
not to mention the statue, would be compariable <in the BBC’s eye> of a Stature of Washintion being erected in Bagdag.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 05:04 AM from United States

Armigerous - your been saving that bad boy for many years now.......finally you are able to use it !  Congrads !  :)

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 06:58 AM from Japan

Q>What comes out of a rodent’s ass?
A>Mousy Dung

Unfortunately, the joke doesn’t work in Chinese.

Posted by Nethicus on 04/17/06 at 07:50 AM from United States

The statue is actually a giant platform to test new biological agents on the subservient Tibetens.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 09:38 AM from United States

Buildings, hoes and statues.  They all get respectible IF they get old enough.

Posted by Drumwaster on 04/17/06 at 09:40 AM from United States

Unfortunately, the joke doesn’t work in Chinese.

Which is why it is in English.

Duh.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 01:08 PM from United States

I’ll celibrate the fact that evil murderous kidde-corn holin SOB has been dead 30 years.  Yayy!! Way to stay dead you pustule on the ass of humanity.

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 11:37 AM from United States

So you don’t give all religions equal protection?

I was saddened, if not shocked, to see that my children’s elementary school textbooks present as fact that is Tibet is part of China.

Next entry: Ignoring the Problem