Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window - Steve Wozniak

Keeping It In The Family

By now you’ve probably heard that Obama has more destitute relatives:

Zeituni Onyango, the aunt so affectionately described in Mr Obama’s best-selling memoir Dreams from My Father, lives in a disabled-access flat on a rundown public housing estate in South Boston.

A second relative believed to be the long-lost “Uncle Omar” described in the book was beaten by armed robbers with a “sawed-off rifle” while working in a corner shop in the Dorchester area of the city. He was later evicted from his one-bedroom flat for failing to pay $2,324.20 (£1,488) arrears, according to the Boston Housing Court.

Apparently this means that Obama is heartless, right? But I’m with Ann Althouse on this one:

Has Obama mistreated these relatives? They contributed nothing to his life when he was growing up. How much of your money do you hand over to relatives who make less than you? Is that a moral obligation? Is it even a kindness? Shouldn’t they have the incentive to take responsibility and work for themselves? In fact, we are not hearing them complain that Obama hasn’t helped them enough. They could bad-mouth him like mad right now, and they don’t. That means something.

And how do we even know that Obama hasn’t given them money or other assistance? I think it’s common courtesy, when you help your adult relatives financially, to keep it quiet.
....

I seem to remember from “Dreams From My Father” that Obama’s hugely numerous African relatives—some of them anyway—would shamelessly hit him up for money. I’d be happy to know he’s not a soft touch. I’d be happy to know that he expects individuals to work and look after themselves. Yes, he said “spread the wealth around,” but how does he mean to do it? It should cheer us to learn that he loathes handouts.

I’m sure that if Obama wins, there will be more long-lost relatives crawling out of the woodwork. I think it’s fairly obvious that Obama does care about those closest to him, such as his grandmother. Do distant relations or family members who were never a part of his life really deserve anything? Is Obama really being cruel, or just practicing common sense?

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 10/30/08 at 04:41 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 10/30/08 at 06:21 PM from United States

Is Obama really being cruel, or just practicing common sense?

He’s waiting until he can give YOUR money away to them.

Posted by mikeguas on 10/30/08 at 07:54 PM from United States

Of course you see no issue. You’re too busy kissing his ass. The point is if giving money is supposed to be a private matter to his own relatives, and not his moral obligation, how come I’m supposed to have my money seized from me to supposedly help strangers? Personally, I don’t give a shit about his family, and they shouldn’t be in the mix any more than Palin’s, but he gets to practice common sense and how wonderful, but anyone else does it, and they’re a greedy uncaring SOB. Get your head out of Obama’s ass for a minute for Christ’s sake.

Posted by mikeguas on 10/30/08 at 08:07 PM from United States

Lee, at least be honest to new viewers and call this site Right Thinking some of the time, except for WVR posts where thinking goes right out the fucking window.

Posted by josparke on 10/30/08 at 08:14 PM from United States

They should drop the “Right Thinking” and call it “From the Left Coast” ;)

Posted by mikeguas on 10/30/08 at 08:43 PM from United States

Now here’s a post on a site that actually reminded me of how this place used to be. A well written example about the free market, and how fools who want more government actually create the problem they claim they want to go away. Too bad you won’t find it here, and in the rare case you do, it will quickly be bumped off the screen with nonsense posts from a guy wearing a I heart Obama T-shirt.

Posted by on 10/30/08 at 08:58 PM from United States

Unfortunately Obama feels a moral obligation to donate my money.

Charity is when you reach into your own pocket and give willingly. Theft is when you reach into someone else’s pocket and give willingly which is exactly Obama’s proposed policy. Just a typical fucktard Liberal. Generous with other people money.

Next entry: In Defense of the Obamacons