We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

Limp Sausage

There’s been a death in San Quentin.

The self-proclaimed “Sausage King” sentenced to death in February for murdering three meat inspectors during a 2000 rampage was found dead in his prison cell this morning.

Prison spokesman Sgt. Eric Messick said a correctional officer conducting routine rounds at 4:30 a.m. noticed that Stuart Alexander, 44, did not appear to be breathing.

“He was quickly removed from his cell,” Messick said. “All attempts to revive him failed.”

The prison physician pronounced Alexander dead at 5:15 a.m. The Marin County Coroner is scheduled to perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

“There is nothing to suggest any foul play,” Messick said, adding that it did not appear that Alexander killed himself.

For me, at least, the Sausage King will always be Abe Frohman.

Posted by Lee on 12/27/05 at 11:58 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 12/27/05 at 01:33 PM from United States

ODD, my realtor knows this guy,used to visit him in prison.

Posted by on 12/27/05 at 01:34 PM from United States

Then again,one of my dad’s best friend’s was Richard Speck’s nurse at Joliet. I am starting to notice an errir trend in my life.....

Posted by on 12/27/05 at 02:21 PM from United States

An episode of The Sopranos had them disposing of one of their murder victims by slicing him up and mixing his body up with all the meat used in their sausage product; which was sold and distributed all over town.

Posted by on 12/27/05 at 02:34 PM from United States

The guy was sentenced to death but only served a life sentence instead.  Damned bleeding hearts.

Posted by Brian at Tomfoolery on 12/27/05 at 02:51 PM from United States

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the headline.

Posted by on 12/27/05 at 06:15 PM from United States

For me, at least, the Sausage King will always be Abe Frohman.

I was thinking the same thing about one sentence in.

Posted by InsipiD on 12/28/05 at 05:25 AM from United States

I saw something about this guy on A&E;’s City Confidential a few weeks ago.  He sold handmade sausage out of a filthy factory.  Though “fully cooked”, it was only cooked to a temp of 130 degrees.  It would get hotter if left on your dashboard in the summer.  I just assumed suicide, but it doesn’t sound like that was the case.

Posted by on 12/28/05 at 07:33 AM from United States

For me, at least, the Sausage King will always be Abe Frohman.

Or Ron Jeremy

Posted by InsipiD on 12/28/05 at 01:13 PM from United States

Or Ron Jeremy

Now that’s just gross.

Posted by on 12/28/05 at 10:25 PM from United States

I guess you can bury that weenie…

Posted by on 12/28/05 at 10:50 PM from United States

Howard Dean, Charmain of the DNC, accused Bush’s team of playing Hide the Salami with their WMD inaccuracies.

Next entry: Linkage is for Cool Kids