Do, or do not. There is no 'try'. - Yoda

Lose your account? Read this.
by JimK

Wow, do I need to stop doing server stuff tonight. I may have just deleted some user accounts while trying to remove the THOUSANDS (seriously, over 24,000) spammer accounts in the pending queue. If your account is missing, just sign back up, because what I just did is unfixable.

I’ve been at this for 10-ish hours, it may be time to stop for the night. Sorry.

Update 4/20 <- heh : This morning I was able to shave 400 - four freaking hundred - megabytes off the database in spam, spammer accounts and thousands of spammed forum posts. All new user registrations have been spammers, so I’m closing that. If you *need* to comment this week and can’t, email me and I’ll manually set you up. Otherwise be patient and register at the new joint.

Posted by JimK on 04/19/11 at 06:59 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by AlexinCT on 04/20/11 at 07:18 AM from United States

Dang Jim, this stuff sounds like work to me. We’ll be OK.

Posted by on 04/20/11 at 08:37 AM from United States

Thanks for your efforts Jim!  This is one of my favorite sites.  Let us know if you need $.

Dave D.

Posted by on 04/20/11 at 12:01 PM from United States

Does this mean no more term paper writing offers - but how will Moogoo graduate high school?

Posted by on 04/20/11 at 05:02 PM from United States

testing

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 04/20/11 at 07:20 PM from United States

"Spam, spam, spam, spam...”

Posted by CaptCBleu on 04/21/11 at 11:14 AM from Germany

MooGoo in High School? I thought it was in special-education classes.

Hey Moogoo you might want to loosen the straps on your helmet.

Posted by on 04/21/11 at 11:18 AM from United States

Hey Moogoo you might want to loosen the straps on your helmet.

You mean Moogoo is that mentally disabled person I see walking around my neighborhood that waves at all the cars when they go by?

In all seriousness, when did they start strapping bike helmets on those poor people?  I really don’t think it’s warranted to treat them as if just walking down the sidewalk is a major threat to their life.

Posted by CaptCBleu on 04/21/11 at 11:30 AM from Germany

Given all the incoherent rantings he posted on this blog, he like most progressives, is mentally disabled.

On the serious side, I have worked security at a school for the mentally disabled, and the reason for the helmets is that sometimes they will throw a tantrum and start banging their heads on tables or something solid. so there is a measure of safety concern to protect them from themselves.