Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window - Steve Wozniak

Me And My Girl… Drunk Blogging

I know you guys love it when I drunk blog.  I’m so fucking drunk right now I can’t believe I made it up the stairts at my brother’s house.  Holy Christ!

20 gold star points to anyone who can get the reference in the title to this post.

Update: Now that I am awake and sober and surprisingly not hung-over, I’ll tell you that it took me about ten minutes to type this post last night.  Man, I was absolutely shithammered.  I fly home on the 1st, so last night was the last opportunity for me to really get my drink on.

Oh, and for the curious, the reference in the title is from the song “Me and My Girl (Nightclubbing)” by David Essex, circa 1981.  (I told you I was drunk!)

Posted by Lee on 12/31/05 at 12:21 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 12/31/05 at 05:34 AM from United States

Eh, you bonehead...can’t you at least wait until you have to go to work to do that?

And I still wanna know what kind of a job you have that allows you to get drunk...I don’t mind if you have to kill me if you tell me.

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 08:23 AM from Germany

Mmhhh… Sublime: Summertime?
Just guessing....

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 10:25 AM from United States

What I want to know is, who’s the girl?  Did you fly Manda with you to Houston?

Posted by Drumwaster on 12/31/05 at 11:26 AM from United States

I think Manda already has a new boyfriend.

Posted by Lee on 12/31/05 at 11:28 AM from United States

For the record, Manda and I were never a couple or anything, we just hung out.  Trust me, she can do a lot better than me. :)

Posted by Drumwaster on 12/31/05 at 11:57 AM from United States

Trust me, she can do a lot better than me. :)

Trust me, she can do a HELL of a lot worse, too.

Posted by Lee on 12/31/05 at 12:02 PM from United States

Yeah, I suppose that’s true, too.

Posted by Drumwaster on 12/31/05 at 12:13 PM from United States

I mean, single guy, single gal, mainly compatible on divisive social issues, you obviously aren’t repulsive to each other, and you’re already on friendly terms…

An old rule-of-thumb I remember reading says that for a newly dating couple, that she should be half his age, plus seven years. ("Little Women”?)

You guys hit pretty close to that.

You live close enough to be able to meet frequently, but far enough apart that you wouldn’t be risking having to abandon your favorite neighborhood spots if it doesn’t work.

I’m just surprised you haven’t even tried… Or have you?

Posted by Lee on 12/31/05 at 12:23 PM from United States

Well, to be brutally honest, Manda is just way out of my league in the looks department.  I mean, let me put it this way.  You’re a cute young chick in her early 20s who looks smoking hot in a bikini.  When you go to the beach to hang out and party, do you want to be with a muscular, tanned young guy in his 20s, or a pasty white 35 year old doofus with a body like a garbage bag full of mayonnaise?

Let me put it this way.  A guy like me takes out a girl like Manda.  Everyone who sees us will immediately notice the disparity.  “That guy either has a huge dick or lots of cocaine.  Maybe both.” If Manda is a step up for someone like me, then I would, logic dictates, have to be a step down for her.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think in these sort of terms, because this is real life.  This is how people are, and I have my own biases and preferences just like anyone else.

Posted by Drumwaster on 12/31/05 at 12:31 PM from United States

Rod Stewart & Rachel Hunter
Lyle Lovett & Julia Roberts
Kevin Federline & Britney Spears
Dubya & Laura Bush
And on and on…

You put a bit too much worth into mere looks. I’ve seen the pictures of the two of you, and that proves that you don’t break cameras.

You’re also giving Manda not enough credit for an ability to see past the merely physical. She hung out here a long time before you two ever met, right? She agreed with a lot of your views, right? Chose to meet you based on that non-physical stuff, right?

She agreed to meet you at least once past that first appearance, right?

She obviously wasn’t all that repulsed by your appearance, then, was she?

Besides, if you can make a woman both laugh and feel pretty (even during “that time of the month"), they’re willing to accept less-than-Olympian-perfection on a lot else. Trust an old married lag on that one…

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 12:55 PM from United States

If the chemistry is right, it doesn’t make a difference.  My ex-husband was short and about 30 pounds overweight and I thought the world of him.  Given I was a size six and 10 years his junior at the time, we may have prompted a few conversations like Lee suggested, but it wasn’t the case.

Posted by Drumwaster on 12/31/05 at 01:08 PM from United States

we may have prompted a few conversations like Lee suggested

And even if you had, who gives a shit what others might think about it, am I right?

I’m 6’4” and one of my very first girlfriends was only 4’9”. I imagine we had a few people whispering behind their hands, but I didn’t care, because we were having fun.

And if anyone wanted to start getting snarky to my face, the realization of just how far up they were having to tilt their heads to look me in the eye tended to cause second thoughts.

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 01:33 PM from United States

Nope, didn’t care at all ..

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 02:25 PM from United States

what’s wrong with people thinking you have a big dick?

Posted by Drumwaster on 12/31/05 at 02:32 PM from United States

what’s wrong with people thinking you have a big dick?

Or lots of cocaine?

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 12/31/05 at 05:19 PM from United States

Lee’s not a blogger...he be a pimp, yo!

Posted by HARLEY on 12/31/05 at 08:22 PM from United States

what’s wrong with people thinking you have a big dick?
Or lots of cocaine?

one will get you lots of respect and more ass,
the other will get you a poked in the ass in the pen.

Posted by HARLEY on 12/31/05 at 08:44 PM from United States

TV land jsuthad the funniest thing i have seen all day. 50 most suprsing moments on TV.
#47 was Roy Innes, shoving Al Sharptons fat ass back into a chair and toppling him over..
on the Morton Downy Jr. show.... lol//

Posted by on 01/01/06 at 12:56 AM from United States

Lee, did your syntax fall victim to the “howling"(drinking too much) factor? ("you guys love it when I drunk blog")
Happy New Year, everyone.
My wish for the new year is that Bush give fewer reasons to fear the coming apocalypse.

Posted by Drumwaster on 01/01/06 at 01:08 AM from United States

Why should you have anything to fear from a global apocalypse? (he asked innocently)

Posted by on 01/01/06 at 12:34 PM from United States

Drum:

I think it’s the whole “All Jesus punchers will be thrown into a fiery lake for eternity” thing that she might be worried about.

Posted by on 01/01/06 at 12:38 PM from United States

Lee,

If you want to find a woman, you need to move away from Cali.  You should move here to Arkansas where you’re considered a keeper if you have all of your teeth and a few extra pounds just means that your mom cooks well.

Posted by Drumwaster on 01/01/06 at 12:56 PM from United States

Ssshhh! You’ll scare her off!

Posted by on 01/01/06 at 01:56 PM from United States

Svandals,

A fiery lake or hanging out with Falwell and Robertson and their buds for eternity?  Frankly, that’s not much of a choice.

Posted by Drumwaster on 01/01/06 at 02:54 PM from United States

Hadn’t you heard that the correct religion was Mormon?

{/Terrence & Philip}

Posted by on 01/01/06 at 08:34 PM from United States

Hadn’t you heard that the correct religion was Mormon?

{/Terrence & Philip}

Ok,Drum, I give.  What are you saying?

Posted by Drumwaster on 01/01/06 at 09:07 PM from United States

Ok,Drum, I give.  What are you saying?

That you need to watch more South Park.

Posted by on 01/01/06 at 11:27 PM from United States

It always amazes me that when you are shitfaced and smothered, how long it takes to try and type a response on the comp keyboard.  Everything keeps coming up wou;m xcfmoi ;lkdjmv[oe.  It takes a shitload of time, and you panic when you check it the next day, after remembering that you actually responded to something!  Teh wo=nder of alcoh9ol!  Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all!!

Posted by on 01/02/06 at 12:58 PM from United States

That you need to watch more South Park. Drum

That’s what my hubby says, too.

Next entry: The Year That Will Be