Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window - Steve Wozniak

MOVING DAY IS COMING
by JimK

So the bottom line is to implement my plan, I have to move three sites all at once, and this one needs to be first. So...I’m letting everyone know, if you have posts planned, get ‘em up today. Tomorrow (Tuesday 4/26/2011) I will shut off everything, back it all up and then attempt to get it working in the new place. Then I’ll be installing the new software, tweaking etc. Could be 4 hours, could be 24. If it all goes well? 4. Let’s all cross our fingers and hope for 4.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANYTHING YOU FIND UNTIL YOU GET AN ALL CLEAR! I may have to make unfinished bits live to test them, etc. Please don’t register for accounts, post comments, any of that. When it’s done, it will be really, really obvious. There will be a big ALL CLEAR post at the top of the blog and a whole new look, with the old stuff in archived subdomains.

Wish me luck. :)

If you want to play, you can go to jameskenefick.net and play in that sandbox. Anything posted there will be killed off once this site transition is done though, so don’t put anything you give a shit about up there. :)

Update 4/26: It’s 12:26 pm my time. I’ll probably start the migration at 1-1:30 pm.

Posted by JimK on 04/25/11 at 01:17 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by InsipiD on 04/25/11 at 01:36 PM from United States

Best of luck, I guess it’s more for us than for you, and that’s such a nice thing for you to do.  Thank you so much for doing all this.

Posted by AlexinCT on 04/25/11 at 01:42 PM from United States

GO GET EM JIM!

Posted by on 04/25/11 at 02:06 PM from United States

And don’t forget to pass the hat when you are finished. The thought of a site organizer going hungry and having to dumpster dive, that is not the kind of country I want to live in.

Posted by on 04/25/11 at 02:14 PM from United States

I’ll be willing to bet Moogoo will contribute a big fat NOTHING....

Posted by on 04/25/11 at 03:42 PM from United States

OT, but is anyone following what is going on in Michigan wrt Terry Jones? The First Amendment was just set back 50 years, who said Sharia can’t happen here?

Posted by HARLEY on 04/25/11 at 04:18 PM from United States

Thank the gods, im back on line and not stuck on that damm phone.
JIM, i cant express how much i appreciate what you ahe done for us here, keeping this pl;ace going and moving us over to our new digs. Thanks man. And yes run the hat by again, ill drop what i can in.
!

Posted by on 04/25/11 at 07:40 PM from United States

Thanks for doing this Jim. Good luck.

Next entry: The ACLU and Terry Jones

Previous entry: No freaking way!