Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window - Steve Wozniak

New writers
by JimK

Please join me in welcoming three new writers to RTFTLC: Rann, Section8 and HeartlessLibertarian. Apparently my supplication was effective. :)

Gentlemen, I thank you. I have a good feeling about this.  Up next: I begin to publicly beg Para to consider making a post a month or so. ;)

Posted by JimK on 05/26/09 at 12:53 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 05/26/09 at 01:04 PM from United States

Congrats!

Posted by InsipiD on 05/26/09 at 01:16 PM from United States

Congrats, guys!  I look forward to the improvement.

Posted by on 05/26/09 at 02:10 PM from United States

This might be an unfeasible idea under the current technical system, but did you ever give thought to a system like the “FanShots” they use at sites hosted on the SB Nation?

For an example, check out my favorite Pittsburgh Pirates blog, BucsDugout.  The FanShots are blog posts contributed by readers of the host blog, and they appear on the right sidebar.  If the author of the main blog likes a particular post, he or she can put it on the main blog’s frontpage.

Probably wouldn’t happen, but just thought I’d throw it out there. I have a feeling a lot of people (like me) would maybe want to try their hand at stuff like that. Sometimes us readers have ideas that don’t really fit comfortably in any comment thread, but at the same time any ideas I have aren’t really worth putting on a blog of my own.

And congrats to the new writers, of course!

Posted by on 05/26/09 at 04:17 PM from United States

Thank you, thank you.

I look forward to pissing everyone off on a regular basis, in an entirely different fashion than WVR.

Posted by on 05/26/09 at 04:22 PM from United States

I second that Jim.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 05/26/09 at 04:52 PM from United States

Rann: Har, har. :)

Seriously, though, this is what Lee wanted to try so it will definitely liven things up around here a bit. And I like CaptainAwesome’s idea.

Posted by HARLEY on 05/26/09 at 05:06 PM from United States

I sure hope that we don’t have to many cooks....

Posted by HARLEY on 05/26/09 at 05:07 PM from United States

oh yeah BTW, welcome aboard guys! Maybe we can co-conspire on a few postings?

Posted by on 05/26/09 at 05:26 PM from United States

Thank you Jim, and I look forward to the opportunity to contribute here. For the moment though, I’m going to spend a few minutes watching the kick ass thunderstorms moving through. I can never get enough.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 05/26/09 at 05:51 PM from United States

Harley: Don’t you mean “Kooks?” :)

Section8: We just got rain here today after being promised it for the past week. One big, brief thundershower and then it seemed to be over…

Posted by on 05/26/09 at 06:44 PM from United States

One big, brief thundershower and then it seemed to be over…

We got a pretty good one here in Cinci, or at least the area I was at. I’ve spent most of my life in the LA area, where there are only two seasons. Fire season, and waiting for fire season, so this is all real cool stuff to me.

Posted by on 05/26/09 at 06:50 PM from United States

oh yeah BTW, welcome aboard guys! Maybe we can co-conspire on a few postings?

Thanks Harley and everyone else. For the co-conspiring, I’m all for it.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 05/26/09 at 06:55 PM from United States

Ugh. I remember fire season in San Diego. And the Sana Anas. A couple of things I don’t miss.

Posted by Thrill on 05/26/09 at 10:19 PM from Germany

Ah, I’m glad to see the three of you accepted.  Good luck and you can count on my support!

Posted by syddelish on 05/27/09 at 01:55 AM from United States

I, for one, welcome our new Right-Thinking overlords.

Posted by on 05/27/09 at 08:51 AM from United States

Thanks, Jim--it’s certainly an honor to now be a contributor to a blog that I’ve been reading and commenting on for so long.

Thanks also to everyone for their support for all the new contributors.

Posted by on 05/27/09 at 09:13 AM from United States

Don’t you mean “Kooks?” :)

Sorry, WVR!

Were fresh out of “Kooks” right now.

Have you tried the bathroom mirror lately?

Next entry: Speed is of the essence

Previous entry: Sheep Burps