No legacy is so rich as honesty - William Shakespeare

Now That’s a Mob

It’s one thing to protest against Bank of America.  Hell, sometimes I feel like marching up and down with a placard on their lawn.  I and friends of mine have had plenty of bad experiences.

It’s another thing to go to someone’s home and try to intimidate them:

Last Sunday, on a peaceful, sun-crisp afternoon, our toddler finally napping upstairs, my front yard exploded with 500 screaming, placard-waving strangers on a mission to intimidate my neighbor, Greg Baer. Baer is deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500), a senior executive based in Washington, D.C. And that—in the minds of the organizers at the politically influential Service Employees International Union and a Chicago outfit called National Political Action—makes his family fair game.

Waving signs denouncing bank “greed,” hordes of invaders poured out of 14 school buses, up Baer’s steps, and onto his front porch. As bullhorns rattled with stories of debtor calls and foreclosed homes, Baer’s teenage son Jack—alone in the house—locked himself in the bathroom. “When are they going to leave?” Jack pleaded when I called to check on him.

This was SEIU, who are trying to unionize BofA.  They’ve proudly posted a video of the event and even tried to smear the reporter who ratted them out.

I don’t even need to ask about what would happen if the Tea Party did this.  What I do have to ask is what they hoped to achieve, besides needlessly frightening people.

Update: More classiness from the Left wing protesters, this time on immigration.

Posted by Hal_10000 on 05/22/10 at 03:51 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by HARLEY on 05/22/10 at 07:01 PM from United States

They also had police escort to the home and protection too.

Posted by InsipiD on 05/22/10 at 09:27 PM from United States

This is like the stories about community action groups “letting homeowners back into their foreclosed properties.” What they really mean is “assisting them in breaking and entering a former home,” otherwise known as burglary.

Posted by Ed Kline on 05/22/10 at 11:09 PM from United States

I think, I am outta here!

Posted by on 05/23/10 at 12:31 AM from United States

More classiness from the Left wing protesters, this time on immigration.

To be fair, those were high school students. Liberal or conservative, they all have a propensity for doing stupid shit at that age.

Posted by on 05/23/10 at 11:48 AM from United States

Where were the cops? Can you just do that on someone’s private property? I’m no law expert, but my guess would be no. You, at least, need a permit to organize a protest on the steps of the Hill.

This seems crazy to me. I can’t imagine being that kid. He should’ve shot video from inside the house and posted it. Nothing throws cold water on an activity than a kid terrified in his own home.

Posted by on 05/23/10 at 12:23 PM from United States

Where were the cops? Can you just do that on someone’s private property?

The mob was escorted by DC police.

I can’t imagine that they aren’t guilty of tresspassing.  Everyone of them should be cited.  And whatever other evidence there is should be poured through to see if any threats were made.

The Dad showed amazing restraint-if that were my house and my kid I would have been back on the porch with a shotgun peppering the bastards with birdshot.