No legacy is so rich as honesty - William Shakespeare

Smacka Cracka

A gang of white guys runs a black guy over, and then while he’s pinned beneath the car they beat him senseless.  Hate crime, right?

Horrendous.

That’s how Jeff Morris described the beating he witnessed early Thursday in the parking lot behind Cowboys 2000 nightclub in northeast Springfield.

Morris said a horde of men viciously kicked 22-year-old Joshua M. Mincks in the head as the bloodied Bolivar man lay motionless, pinned beneath a car.

Some of the attackers even celebrated after landing blows.

“They were actually enjoying this,” Morris said Thursday in a telephone interview. “They were giving high-fives after kicking him.”

Morris wasn’t sure what prompted the brutality, but images of the aftermath were still fresh in his mind Thursday afternoon.

“He was hard to recognize, there was so much blood on his face,” the Rogersville man recalled.

Springfield police spent much of Thursday investigating the assault but had made no arrests as of press time.

Officer Matt Brown, a police spokesman, said reporters asked him numerous times on Thursday whether the beating was racially motivated. The victim was white; witnesses said his attackers were black.

“At this point, we have not ruled out that possibility, but have not been able to confirm the reason for the assault and will not know until we have one or more of the suspects in custody,” he said in a release.

If the races had been reversed Je$$e Jack$on and his ambulance-chasing racist pals would have been on the first Gulfstream V to the scene.  As it is, this will get hardly a mention anywhere.  Because only whitey can be racist, right media?

Posted by Lee on 04/17/06 at 01:34 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 03:35 PM from United States

Per the PC Agenda, racism can ONLY happen when whites are oppressing others.  There is no such thing as “reverse racism” or non-white racism.

You obviously need to go back to Berkeley for further instruction.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 03:43 PM from United States

Reminds me of this guy that used to go into one of the chatrooms that I frequented. He was black, and he would always have something racist to say about whites or hispanics. But he would always say, ‘Im not racist, Im black.’ And things to that effect.

I secretly suspect that he was being sarcastic, because of some other intelligent conversations I’ve had with him, but I think it is a pretty good indication of how many people really feel. If a group of people have been discriminated against in the past by whitey, then anything they do that would otherwise be considered racist, is okay, because they’re XYZ-previously-discriminated-against-minority.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 04/17/06 at 03:48 PM from United States

Meanwhile, a group of athletes are having their lives ruined by a stripper/whore whose story is starting to sound as phony as a $2 bill-but at least she’s got Je$$e as her new sugar daddy.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 03:50 PM from United States

Morris said a horde of men viciously kicked

Horde?!  As in a Black Horde?!  I thought groups of black guys only traveled in entourages…

Posted by Drumwaster on 04/17/06 at 04:39 PM from United States

as phony as a $2 bill

You mean a $3 bill? Because, like, two-dollar bills really do exist

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 04:47 PM from United States

And I think the phrase is “As queer as a $3 bill”

Posted by InsipiD on 04/17/06 at 05:38 PM from United States

And I think the phrase is “As queer as a $3 bill”

I’ve always preferred “As queer as a football bat”

Posted by HARLEY on 04/17/06 at 05:57 PM from United States

what really disturbs me is no one attempted to stop them...........what the fuck have we become?

Posted by Poosh on 04/17/06 at 06:25 PM from United Kingdom

What carnage.

NO MORE BLOOD FOR AMERICAN HOMELAND

ALL AMERICAN TROOPS OUT OF AMERICA

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 07:51 PM from United States

this just reinforces the good idea ensconced in the joke that ends with “ill have a coke then”

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 10:18 PM from United States

Its, “Then...I’ll have a coke.”

More and more I’ve been considering in the purchase of small arms.  I’ve got a few beating sticks in my car at all times, as well as in my home, but while thats good for singular defense or taking out small groups of hoods, I think I need something more effective for those bigger groups.  The bigger the group gets, the lower the collective IQ becomes.

That, and I know that sooner or later my aggressive pal is going to snap and beat the crap out of some punks and I’ve got to be there to back him up when for the retaliation.

Posted by on 04/17/06 at 11:08 PM from United States

Jesse Jackson was on Tucker Carlson’s show tonight talking about the Duke gang-rape scandal. He was an ass, as usual, and Tucker finally ripped into him. He made some comment like, “Race doesn’t dominate my life.”

I know Tucker’s sort of a goof, but generally I find the debates and conversations he has on his show to be more interesting and more, well, intellectual than Bill O’Reilly, Joe Scarborough, etc…

Posted by Helo on 04/18/06 at 12:37 AM from United States

Speaking of racist...

Posted by HARLEY on 04/18/06 at 04:34 AM from United States

OT: put this under WTF?

Posted by The Contrarian on 04/18/06 at 07:12 AM from United States

I thought groups of black guys only traveled in entourages…

The proper term for a group of blacks is ‘bevy’. The man was assaulted by a bevy of blacks.

Did you know that a group of ravens is called an unkindness? A group of crows is called a murder. I love being an English nerd.

You mean a $3 bill? Because, like, two-dollar bills really do exist...

So did $3 bills, prior to the adoption of the federal reserve system. Bank-issued currency used $3 bills throughout the 19th century, with, believe it or not, Santa Claus’ picture instead of an ex-president. $3 bills were also issued by the continental congress during the American revolution.

I’ll be here all night, folks.

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 08:47 AM from United States

Check out the Smith and Wesson AirLite PD series.  I prefer the model 340PD, myself.  That and a Thunderwear holster.  Or fanny pack from Safariland.

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 08:55 AM from United States

Contrarian--

Guess you’ve never heard of a blood clot, eh?

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 08:59 AM from United States

The cops said in the article they are investigating the possibility of a hate crime, Lee.  You might want to avoid passing judgement until all the facts are in.  Just like the Duke rape case.

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 09:06 AM from Japan

And the last time you personally, on-blog condemned a racially motivated attack on a black person would be when?

So what separates you from dear old Jesse?

(Hint: Not much - you are both using reports racial violence on racial violence to serve your own political agendas).

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 09:07 AM from Japan

Guess you’ve never heard of a blood clot, eh?

A blood clot of blacks?

Nah, doesn’t work for me. I just can’t see myself saying that.

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 10:33 AM from United States

You’re missing the point.

Lee is pointing out that when it’s a “white on black” crime, it’s automatically assumed to be a “hate crime” regardless of the circumstances.

On the other hand, since this is a “black on white” crime, The spin is, “Let’s not rush to judgement” and “We need to asertain the facts first”.

So what separates you from dear old Jesse?

Lee isn’t a race-pimp out to get money by exploiting any perceived offense to his “race”.

As far as I know, Lee isn’t flipping out the race card on cue and blackmailing corporations.

Posted by on 04/18/06 at 11:43 AM from United States

I thought the latest “hip hop” term was “posse"…

Posted by on 08/28/06 at 07:58 AM from United States

What the hell? Springfield, MO is so white the leader of the naacp is a white woman. It’s a damn shame that whites are scared to get involved if it means they have to confront a bunch of angry negroes.

Next entry: Shakin' the Bay