Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed. - George Burns

The Year That Was

I’ve had a couple of people email requesting me to do some Top Ten of 2005 lists.  I always thought these were kind of dopey, but I suppose if we make it a group effort it could be fun.  So, use the comments to this post to leave your own Top Ten Whatevers of 2005.

One thing I would be really curious about is to see what you think the top ten posts on this blog were over the past year.  If you leave a top ten posts list, a couple of days from now I’ll compile them into one big list.

Posted by Lee on 12/30/05 at 04:18 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 05:26 PM from United States

I don’t have a top ten list, but my personal favorite post, Lee, was the one titled “I Quit”.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 12/30/05 at 06:00 PM from United States

Top Ten Dumbass Moments of 2005:

Fred Phelps picketing funerals with his “God Hates Fags” signs

Cindy Sheehan having a book signing-and nobody shows up

Sean Penn’s leaky boat ride in New Orleans

Barbara Boxer’s last-minute challenge to the vote in Ohio

Celine Dion’s breakdown over the looting in New Orleans: “Let them touch those things just for once!”

Kanye West saying “George Bush doesn’t like black people” on an NBC telethon

The Iranian president saying that the holocaust is a myth

Left-wing Moonbats protesting...Hillary Clinton

Be careful what you wish for: The Democrats fold like cheap tents when given the opportunity to vote for an immediate pullout from Iraq.

Rep. John Murtha declares defeat in Iraq.

Posted by bb on 12/30/05 at 06:20 PM from United States

I’m not even sure it was this year or in one post, but you had put up pictures of you and the beautiful Manda.  Before anyone really had a chance to begin insulting you, you described yourself as a bag of mayonaise. I can’t tell you why I thought this was so funny, it may have been because you were undermining anyone who wanted to attack you personally, but it was brilliant.

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 06:20 PM from United States

Good ones, WVR.  For me it would be a toss up for number one spot between Sheehan’s book signing and Penn’s leaky boat.  Probably would have to go with Penn.  Pics of him bailing water were absolutely priceless.

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 06:23 PM from Australia

Top quote of the year:

“Spare me your sixth-grade Michael Moore logic!” - Secretary of Defense James Heller (William Devane), 24, Season Four, Episode One “7:00AM - 8:00AM”

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 06:44 PM from United States

Top ten beer list?

Posted by Poosh on 12/30/05 at 07:09 PM from United Kingdom

In case I don’t see any of you people around, HAPPY NEW YEAR you crazy American allies, you!

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 12/30/05 at 07:39 PM from United States

Speaking of people we haven’t seen, an incomplete Top Ten of those we wondeer what happened to:

TUA

Moxie

Deb

Wheels

Colonel Kurtz

Barb

Bane

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 12/30/05 at 07:41 PM from United States

RepMom: Oh, yeah, I almost forgot-Geraldo making the baby cry in the Superdome in New Orleans and winding up doing more bawling than the kid!

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 08:14 PM from United States

Celine Dion’s performance on TV in the Katrina aftermath was good. She was crying saying something about how we need to deploy kayaks to Louisianna, not bombs which blow up thousands in Iraq, then babbled on about how she was too emotionally distraught to sing, but she sang a beautiful song anyway.

Shepard Smith totally losing it was nice too.

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 08:34 PM from United States

Top Ten Asswipes of 2005

1) Tom Cruise
2) The “Peace Mom”
3) Bill O’Reilly
4) “Brownie”
5) Terry Schiavo’s parents
6) Dover, PA school board
7) Al Sharpton
8) “Rev.” Jesse Jackson
9) Mayor of New Olreans
10) Governor of Mississippi

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 09:07 PM from United States

Another asswipe would surely be Louis Farrakhan.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 12/30/05 at 09:27 PM from United States

The Governor of Mississippi? That’s Haley Barbour (sp?) He actually knew what he was doing. I think you mean of Louisiana.

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 09:58 PM from United States

There have been 400-something murders in the city of Tijuana just in 2005. Tijuana is a city about 3 feet from the United States, near San Diego.

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 10:01 PM from United States

Bush’s comment during the Katrina aftermath about how he can’t wait until Trent Lott’s house is rebuilt so he could sit on the porch with him.

I liked that one.

Posted by on 12/30/05 at 10:58 PM from United States

Oops, my bad, Lousianna it is.

Damn, must be low on scotch....

Posted by HARLEY on 12/31/05 at 06:25 AM from United States

Does that mean that Mexico is importing it culture of violence and crime to the USA?

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 12:51 PM from United States

For me personally it was the the thanks from most of you guys here on Lee’s blog wishing me and my guys well and welcoming me home and having the good feeling to know you people really do care for our troops. From the bottom of my heart thank you all.

1st Sgt. Rick F.

Posted by HARLEY on 12/31/05 at 01:59 PM from United States

take care rick.

Posted by InsipiD on 12/31/05 at 02:17 PM from United States

If anyone suggested that, it would be tagged as racist.

I think that the list couldn’t possibly exclude the suggestion of witnesses seeing NOLA’s levees being blown up.  There are plenty of other moonbat stories to talk about.  It’s also hard to ignore the number of non-stories being forced to the front when so much real stuff is going on.

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 02:19 PM from United States

thanks rick from the bottom of my heart

Posted by bb on 12/31/05 at 03:07 PM from United States

Thanks, Rick, and happy new year to all.  On the topic of the military, I got a nice bonus at work, something I didn’t expect, and was thinking about the toys I could buy for myself.  It all felt somewhat wasted until I came up with the best idea possible...As some may know, my brother is in the military and since 9/11 has been deployed at least four times into war zones (he’s the one who took the howitzer picture shown on RTFLC a few years back).  It’s been tough on him and his family and he hasn’t had much time between deployments to spend with his family.

So I decided that rather than spend the money on myself, I’d treat my brother and his 14 year old son to the trip of a lifetime-an all expenses paid fishing getaway to Alaska (and to cheapen the thought a bit, I’ll be going along...).  It’s the least I can do to thank him for what he’s done and give him a chance to unwind and enjoy something that is definitely not like Iraq or Afghanistan.  The guide I’m arranging this with is also a vet and when I told him what I was doing he offered to give us a discount to say thanks as well.

So since it is bonus time for a lot of us not in the military, I’d like to take this opportunity to encourage anyone who has family in the military to follow the lead and do something nice for those who have sacrificed so much for us.

Posted by on 12/31/05 at 03:19 PM from United States

A top 10 list is meaningless to a blog where you can *routinely* find posts and references to “man fucks horse” stories. Such excellence transcends petty lists.

Lee, you magnificent bastard!
And all of you......you magnificent bastards!

Happy Fucking New Year to all, be you god-fearing Jesus lovers, Christ Punching liberals, Joooooos, Gaia worshippers or Flying Spaghetti Monster advocates! (Damn, this Stoli is going down smooth....)

Posted by Drumwaster on 12/31/05 at 03:41 PM from United States

references to “man fucks horse” stories.

Or even the reverse

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 12/31/05 at 05:22 PM from United States

Drum: After that, all I can say is, I’d much rather be a horse’s ass than in one.

Posted by Aaron - Free Will on 12/31/05 at 07:10 PM from United States

After that, all I can say is, I’d much rather be a horse’s ass than in one.

Then there’s the ever-popular “dolphin-rape” stories.

Posted by HARLEY on 12/31/05 at 07:34 PM from United States

well Lee,if i a ugly hick like me can find a good looking woman you can too…
hell just about anyone can if you lock hard enough.

as for top 10 lists… 2 stories repeated, Bush fucks up, someone in Bushes Adming fucks up… repeat that 5 times..

Posted by on 01/02/06 at 05:59 PM from Canada

Man.  I almost forgot!  The best post was the one about the lobster proof virgins.  You can’t make that shit up.