No legacy is so rich as honesty - William Shakespeare

Unbanning (Also new registrations!)
by JimK

Update:

I just discovered that registration for this site was set to manual approval.  There were 465-odd accounts, and I just couldn’t sort them all by hand (I would have to try to guess who was real and who was a Russian spammer), so I deleted EVERYTHING.  If you’ve tried to register for the site in the last two months or so, please try again, you will get a self-activation email to prove you aren’t a bot and then come on in.

*Update 2*

Yeah, umm, I just remembered *I* was the one that set registrations to manual to stop any possible trolls after the news about Lee.  Sorry.  It just completely slipped my mind.

Original post:

So let’s say someone was interested in a little test, a test where say, almost everyone who was banned from this site was unbanned.  Except for a very, VERY select few, one of whom should be obvious to anyone who saw his exchange with Clayton and is now He Who Shall Not Be Discussed as far as I am concerned.

Are there any others that any of you can think of who are just too frigging annoying or can’t comport themselves like rational people?  I’m not looking to let a lot of haterade flow around, but I would like to give people a chance to, I dunno, bury the hatchet I guess.  Life is fucking short, people. We got shit to do, you know what I’m sayin’?

So lay it on me.  Who should we swing open the doors for and who should the banhammer continue to smash in the balls?

Posted by JimK on 04/18/09 at 11:05 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by dakrat on 04/18/09 at 11:31 PM from Germany

I’d like to think I’d be around.  It not okay then.

Posted by dakrat on 04/18/09 at 11:31 PM from Germany

Never mind I was was never banned that I know…

Posted by HARLEY on 04/18/09 at 11:32 PM from United States

oh this is gonna be fun

Posted by on 04/18/09 at 11:41 PM from United States

Let Bob Munck back in.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 12:25 AM from Germany

I remember there being someone that leaned to the left making fun of Lee’s 20 hour work day and being banned. I don’t recall his name, but his banning seemed a bit much…

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 04/19/09 at 12:33 AM from United States

Manwhore.

Posted by dakrat on 04/19/09 at 01:38 AM from Germany

Manwhore was never banned to my knowledge.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 06:48 AM from United States

I’m with WVR and I’d like to see Manwhore given the opportunity to come back.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 07:20 AM from United States

So is Drumwaster the guy we cant even think about letting back in? The old factbot always had something to say, most of it bullshit, but he definitely added to the conversation.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/19/09 at 07:27 AM from United States

if we let Munck in, and drum in
we will be back to the old dick measuring they use to do.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 07:41 AM from United States

I vote for letting Manwhore back in.

I never knew why Munck was banned, but he was a little pompous.  Give it a shot I guess.

Please, for all that is good and right in the world, no He Who Shall Not Be Discussed.  He added nothing unless you like venomous bile ...

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 08:40 AM from Germany

Drumwaster is out - the worthless prick can continue to annoy people at his own site.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 08:55 AM from United States

I remember Mikelx.

Leave him on the ban list.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 09:06 AM from United States

I believe in freedom of speech.  Let ‘em all back in and let the shitstorms begin.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 09:18 AM from United States

Add me to the “Say Yes To Manwhore” campaign.

Posted by Thrill on 04/19/09 at 10:36 AM from United States

This is a most welcome surprise.  Of course I hope you will unban my friend Manwhore.  He definitely wants to come back.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 10:45 AM from Australia

Fresh starts all round sounds like a great idea.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/19/09 at 10:53 AM from United States

Bring back the whore!

Posted by InsipiD on 04/19/09 at 10:56 AM from United States

I would like to see Manwhore back.  I don’t think that Munck should be back.  I would consider a return of that pompous prick doctor from CA totally unacceptable.  There was a liberal girl that was a persistent idiot as well that I do not want to see back here, but I can’t remember her screen name.

Posted by JimK on 04/19/09 at 11:30 AM from United States

Manwhore’s in for sheezy. I also unbanned buzzion. Not so sure about Munck.  He really was a jerk, and often rotated arguments just to fuck with people.  While I love the idea of speech speech and more speech, asking someone to come throw shit around your living room just seems stupid when you are 99.95% sure that they are in fact gonna throw turds.

I remember theat mikelx person from here, my site and moorewatch. FUCK that dude.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 11:37 AM from United States

I believe that the open nature of the wakes set a nice precedence for this.  Sometimes it takes something as serious as death to remind the rest of us to think about our legacy—(our words)—forever etched into these pages.  If that isn’t a good enough reason to show some level of respect for the other commenters, I don’t know what is.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 11:59 AM from Australia

Eh, unban Bob Munck. You can always ban him again if he starts being a pain in the arse.  If in doubt, unban and watch like a hawk I reckon.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 12:09 PM from Germany

Can’t remember what Manwhore was banned for, so I vote to let him back in.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 12:32 PM from United States

Would have to be defiantchick. Keep her balls smashed with the banhammer....or her face or whatever.

Posted by Manwhore on 04/19/09 at 01:03 PM from Germany

Damn people, we gotta calm ourselves down. We need all or niggaz to fight this socialist movement. Fuck environmentalism, fuck socialism, all our niggaz need to fight this. Hello and welcome back to everyone.

Posted by Thrill on 04/19/09 at 01:10 PM from United States

<sigh>

Some people always have to make a grand entrance, don’t they?  ;)

Jim, thanks for putting this right.  It is a truly gutsy and repsectable thing you’re doing.

Posted by JimK on 04/19/09 at 01:13 PM from United States

Some people always have to make a grand entrance, don’t they?  ;)

yeah. True that.  I think it’s part of why he and Lee butted heads. Peas/pod and so forth.

In fact the very last email I got from Lee was a paypal notice for the server fee.  Unwilling to just use the automated notice he sends this as the subject:

YOU GOTS A PAYMENT, MAH NIGGA.

;)

P.S. I remember defiant too. Not just a pain in the ass but if I remember right...kinda dumb?

Posted by JimK on 04/19/09 at 01:22 PM from United States

Hey how do we all feel about Griz?

Posted by Thrill on 04/19/09 at 01:28 PM from United States

That’s an unqualified “no” on Griz.  He’s banned from Drum’s site as well because he’s just too hateful.

Posted by JimK on 04/19/09 at 01:33 PM from United States

Got it...I knew there was bad blood there, he went nuts after being unbanned right?

Surprisingly there are only 40-odd people banned from this site.  Half of those are blatant attempts to re-register, or Moore fanatics, etc.  Not a lot of folks truly got kicked out.

Posted by Thrill on 04/19/09 at 01:38 PM from United States

Griz also tried to re-register as “bearly alive” and was banned again after a few comments again, if I recall.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 01:45 PM from United States

Where did Gripe Boy go?  And Padders?  We need one or two articulate liberals (and no, that is NOT an oxymoron!) to really mix it up.  Maybe a couple of independents and a bunch of libertarians.  Of course, tried and true conservatives make up the core.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 02:04 PM from United States

Being banned from Drums should be a badge of honor.

Posted by Thrill on 04/19/09 at 02:11 PM from United States

Oh, I didn’t mention Bob Munck.  I suggest unbanning him.  If memory serves, he was sort of goaded into attacking an Iraq War vet and banned because he was seen to have crossed the line.  I didn’t really think he did.

Bring him back (if he’ll come).

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 04/19/09 at 03:45 PM from United States

She wasn’t banned, but I’d love to hear from TUA again.

Posted by Briggie on 04/19/09 at 05:13 PM from United States

W00t for new registrations :D

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 05:43 PM from United States

I liked Bob. I didn’t agree with much of what he said, but he was entertaining. I didn’t even know he got banned. One thing though is that he didn’t bs about who he was. I remember he got into it with someone else about proving who they were and what they did for a living and such and he posted a link to all his own personal info address and all to back up his claim. That was pretty ballsy.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 05:50 PM from Japan

Munck - Yes!
Def girl - No!
Manwhore - Yes!!

I am fairly sure that Drum wasn’t banned. He just chose not to come back after all the bad blood.

Posted by JimK on 04/19/09 at 06:32 PM from United States

Munck unbanned, and I dropped him an olive branch email.

As for He Who Shall Not Be Discussed...yeah. Fucking banned.  Sorry.  Slapping at Lee is one thing, but going after a grieving kid with both barrels demonstrated a distinct lack of class, and a hateful, vicious streak I want nothing to do with *ever* again.

Posted by on 04/19/09 at 08:47 PM from United States

Is a statement of rules-to-not-get-banned needed?  My assumption at this point is just generally don’t be a supreme douchebag.  Right?

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 04/19/09 at 08:49 PM from United States

Drum seemed to make everything about him as I recall, and wouldn’t answer questions...and people say I suck at blogging.

Nice to see so many old hands back :)

Posted by on 04/20/09 at 12:12 AM from United States

This is great new beginning good call on hitting the “reset” button.

Posted by on 04/20/09 at 12:19 AM from Germany

My issue with Drum was varied:

1) He’s a religious bigot
2) He made wild accusations
3) He never remembered who said what (see 2)
4) Once you nailed him on 2 and 3, he never recanted

Posted by on 04/20/09 at 01:13 AM from Germany

Speak of the Devil, and he appears.

I no longer frequent or comment at political blogs, so unbanning “Griz” is a moot point.

My condolences to Lee’s friends and family.

Posted by on 04/20/09 at 04:06 AM from United States

Welcome back, Griz.

Posted by on 04/20/09 at 08:37 AM from United States

Geez it’s good to have Manwhore back. I always loved his writing.

Posted by on 04/20/09 at 05:56 PM from United States

Where did Gripe Boy go?

Life priorities changed and I was having a really hard time with the blog. It was mostly my own doing. To a large degree, the issues we have with others is in how we respond to them.

I’m very pleased to see the site going forward. Lee would have wanted that. Last time I checked, I still had the rights to publish.

Posted by JimK on 04/20/09 at 06:00 PM from United States

Gripe: You are still a member of the Contributing Editors group...so you still gots keys if you wanna use ‘em.

Posted by HARLEY on 04/20/09 at 06:13 PM from United States

so you still gots keys if you wanna use ‘em.

Get on it!

Posted by on 04/21/09 at 11:01 AM from United States

I predict a second Munck banning

Next entry: The Cracked Kristol Ball