Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed. - George Burns

What they Really Think

By now you’ve undoubtedly seen this.

Here’s what I would do if I was the GOP.  I would immediately cut this into a spot, and get it out nationally on all the networks.  Say, “This is John Kerry, one of the leaders of the Democrat Party.  This is what he thinks of our troops.” Run the quote.  “This is the type of person who will be running the country if the Democrats seize power in Congress.  Note the contempt for our men and women in uniform.  In the times we live in, can you really trust the party of John Kerry…” (run clip again) “… to lead our military?”

A dirty trick, but an effective and accurate one.  For all Bush’s numerous faults, this is why I didn’t vote Democrat in 2004.  John Kerry is a vile, disgusting man.

Posted by Lee on 10/31/06 at 11:29 AM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 12:37 PM from United States

Or you start a right wing blog

Posted by Nethicus on 10/31/06 at 12:47 PM from United States

I’m handing out business cards of Military Recruiters to all the students who just failed my last test.  Thank goodness for John Kerry!  I would never have thouhgt of this otherwise.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 12:55 PM from United States

sorry, i meant

...stuck in Iraq or start a right wing blog

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 12:57 PM from United States

why can the republicans just decry other people, insteat of arguing about issues? Thats really something wich pisses me off about US-American politics.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 01:29 PM from United States

why can the republicans just decry other people, instead of arguing about issues? Thats really something which pisses me off about US-American politics.

The sad reality is in general the American public doesn’t have the attention span or intelligence to hear either party argue about the issues. They want Jerry Springer politics and they get it.

Posted by Nethicus on 10/31/06 at 01:30 PM from United States

Unless you live under a rock, the issues are pretty much well-defined by this point:

Republicans:  favor Iraq mission without deadline, want to eliminate taxes, (reduce the role of government), (end/stop government entitlements), increase border security, pro-life, and reduce government interference in business

(That inside the parentheses are theory-- current republicans aren’t enforcing them)

Democrats:  quick Iraq pull out, eliminate tax cuts, increase government role in lives, increase government entitlements to the poor, pro-choice, amnesty for illegal aliens, and give the government greater controls on business.

The platforms haven’t changed in decades, so the issues are taken for granted any more.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 01:34 PM from United States

greenboy - Kerry says that anyone who writes as poorly as you is going to get stuck in Iraq.

The rest of Kerry’s quote has him praising the Kerry/Kennedy and Boxer/Feinstein teams of senators. That’s pretty offensive in itself. These lefties are just way too extreme.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing an excellent job navigating this toxic hyperpartisan atmosphere.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 01:44 PM from United Kingdom

I think you’re all missing the point Kerry was trying to make.

How many well off, well educated Republicans who are in favour of the Iraq war are over there fighting it?

Nope. It’s mostly the disadvantaged in American society that end up fighting it’s wars.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 01:49 PM from United Kingdom

more info here

Posted by Manwhore on 10/31/06 at 01:57 PM from United States

A dirty trick, but an effective and accurate one.

that is to assume we’ll still be in Iraq by 2008. As far as congress is concerned niether party is endorsing long term support for the war. Republicans have distanced themselves too.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 01:59 PM from United States

Wow. What a way for Kerry to kick off his 2008 presidential run.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:00 PM from United States

Satriale, maybe my english isnt as good as yours, but I think thats because I’m not an American and just learned English at school. How is your German?
Follow the link from poejavalo, thats how I would interpret the Kerry remark as well. At least Kerry was at war and is a veteran, unlike GW.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:08 PM from United States

Sorry Poejavlo,

No do-overs in politics, simple backtracking and wordsmithing is not going to help Kerry. It is common opinion here that Kerry’s loyalty to his country and respect for the military in general, is practically non-existent.

Also, I will assume that you are not informed as to the recruiting process here in the United States, but A) Our military are all volunteers, and B) The risks and consequnces are exlained in great detail to any and all recruits before they sign on the bottom line.

lastly,

Classic Left Wing Drivel, Only the poor who have no other choice choose the military. This statement is of course pattently false, everybody has the choice. But also, the military offers benefits, such as the GI Bill, that allow the less fortunate in our society access to higher education. My father, a Georgia sharecropper’s son, who grew up in abject poverty, enlisted, Went to school, got his officer’s comission, and retired a Lt. Col. Without the Military offering that option to my father, I would not be where who I am today.

Also the US Miltary offers Dental Benefits, I know that this is an alien concept to you, but trust me, its awesome.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:10 PM from United States

I’m sorry, I have to play devil’s advocate here.

I think we all assume that what he meant was “if you don’t get good grades in school, you will inevitably become a US soldier and end up in Iraq.” That’s what I heard too ...

I suspect, that what he meant was, “if you don’t get good grades in school, you will become the type of guy that will make decisions like the one that got us stuck in Iraq (like the president)”. He means that Bush is stuck in Iraq. I think he was attempting to insult the president’s intelligence, and he meant he was “stuck in Iraq” in a political sense, not a literal sense.

I think he’s too dense to understand how people interpreted what he said and he’s trying to play it off, because he is not very smart. He thinks the world will collectively slap itself in the head and say “oh, THAT’S what he meant. I’m so stupid!”

He’s still a retard, but it makes no sense what we heard. You don’t automatically become a soldier if you do poorly in school. Many smart, educated people join the military. He was in the military as well, and I don’t think he believes that everyone in it is uneducated.

Posted by salinger on 10/31/06 at 02:12 PM from United States

You don’t have to - in order to get public funding per NCLB all high school students info must me given to military recruiters - they know your kid’s GPAs already and don’t think they don’t use them.

Posted by salinger on 10/31/06 at 02:13 PM from United States

shoud read “must be” not must me.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:15 PM from United States

Its really funny that the poor in the US have to go to the military to get Dental Benefits. In the richest country of the world, unbelievable. This concept is really alien. Despise all the statistics, very few of the republicans in charge (Bush and Rove for example)who are aguing the Democrats wanna “cut and run” have ever been in a war.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:19 PM from United States

I think you’re all missing the point Kerry was trying to make.

Dude, turn off the BBC it is rotting your brain.  Our military is strictly voluntary AND enlistments have been remarkably consistent.  Check the enlistment stats and you’ll see a very diverse section of Americans enlisting.  Further, I know MANY “well educated Republicans” who put themselves through school either through ROTC program enlistments, and/or going to school after serving 4 years in the military.  Lots of bright and talented kids go into the military as a means to pay for college after they serve.  So, fuck Kerry and the horse you and he rode in on…

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:22 PM from United States

Greenboy,

First off your welcome for the whole cold war thing.

Secondly, Meine Duetsch ist Sehr Schrecklich, aber es ist eine Blog Americkan.

PS No Jews were slaughtered while writing this post

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:24 PM from United States

Lee, didn’t you know he was just joking? That Kerry, ya never know when he’s just kidding around.  He’s just so mis-understood.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:25 PM from United States

He means that Bush is stuck in Iraq. I think he was attempting to insult the president’s intelligence…

Which is funny seeing as how they had about the same GPA while attending college.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:26 PM from United States

Boah, this is so boring, this whole jew thing,i cant tell you how boring it is. How old are you? Fourteen? Your German is really schrecklich, but I would never pick up on you because of that.
PS No Arabs were slaughtered while writing this post

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:27 PM from United States

So, you’re implying that only those who serve in the military, or better yet, those that fought in combat are the only ones qualified for public service?  Careful there, sounds awfully similar to Isreal.

There you have it folks, liberals are now saying that military service is compulsory prior to being elected to a political office.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:30 PM from United States

Hi Greenboy,

We can go all day about the pros and cons of state provided (Socialist) Healthcare, and the system we have here, but the last time I was at the hospital, they were not turning anyone away. Even the poeple who can’t\have no intention of paying.

But let’s get back to the point at hand. The US military is the Finest, most powerfull, and BEST EDUCATED force in the world. It is an insult to them to say that they are “Not Smart”, “Made no effort to be smart” Please justify that.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:30 PM from United States

PS No Jews were slaughtered while writing this post

Ka-Pow!  Damn, dick slap dat bitch!

Posted by LandoGriffin on 10/31/06 at 02:33 PM from United States

Are the libby n00bs not privvy to the no talking points policy?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:34 PM from United States

First of all, I’m not a liberal, this is an insult to me. If you wann discuss about liberal ideology we can go down all the way, but I warn you its a long one. Obviously when you say liberal you mean someone who belongs to the Democratic Party or shares their opinons.

Second, I’m not implying what you said. I’m only implying that obvious cowards like bush blame others to be cowards.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:39 PM from United States

Greenboy,

How many Arabs where Slaughtered? My guess less than 6 million. And they started it. But in terms of your European Sensabilities, please bear in mind that the only reason that you are able to enjoy a ‘western’ lifestyle, log onto your PC, and partake in free speech, is due to the sacrifices, protection, and investment of the United States.

Also, I am glad that you are looking out for the Arabs, I know they were the first people on your mind when you woke up this morning. After all they must be, in a few years you are going to have a Muslim Majority in your country.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:41 PM from United States

Hey kouka, I dont know what you know about “socialism”, but i has nothing to do with state provided healthcare.
Furthermore, I agree that the US Army is the most powerfull army in the world, but the best educated? I dont think so. I know a couple of people from the army and I know a lot of americans since I live in the US and nothing and nobody showed me evidence of your statement.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:41 PM from United States

Did anyone else catch Kerry’s rebuttal press conference today? That was one of the most confusing statements ever. “They know exactly what I was trying to say!” He says, “this is a traditional GOP campaign tactic”, referring obliquely to the Swift Boat stuff of 2004. Then he jumps into blasting Karl Rove, and Rush Limbaugh for criticizing Michael J. Fox. John Kerry had a mental breakdown on camera. The whole time he was yelling.

President Bush and John Kerry both attended Yale, and Bush got better grades than Kerry.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:42 PM from United States

greenboy is not a liberal...riiiiight.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:43 PM from United States

How did you dream up this notion? No, all the poor have to do to get dental benefits is get a job that offers dental benefits. Or, they can buy the coverage independently. Let’s see, cigarettes and malt liquor or dental care. Hmmm, choices choices.

I don’t know what the “richness” of the US has to do with anything. I suppose if every issue is seen through socialist entitlement glasses, you might incorrectly assume a fundamental human right to free dental care.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:44 PM from United States

PS No Jews were slaughtered while writing this post

LOL, brilliant jab!

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:46 PM from United States

And kouka, I dont know from where you get your knowledge about Germany, but i asure you Germany is not in Danger to be taken over by Arabs. Before that you will have a Hispanic majority in the US.
I’m glad the nazis lost the war, but I thought this is an “Blog American”, so why do you start talking about Germany? We have different problems over there, but I dont think you really wanna talk about German problems.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:46 PM from United States

I would bet that after he made that dumb ass statement yesterday, he got called behind the woodshed and dressed down.  It’s all damage control now.  Let’s see how the press spins it.  I’ve already heard, “he looked haggard, I think he was tired”.

Repubs should run an ad day and night showing how Kerry totally disrespects our troops, just as Lee suggested.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:47 PM from United States

Not liberal huh?

Wow, Sounds like a cry for Social Justice.

Out on a limb here, but if Bill Clinton were President, I do not think that you would be saying this. Just an Assumption on my part. I guess.

Everything that you are writing write now pins you as a far left, utopian minded, liberal. Check that Socialist.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:50 PM from United States

Hey GripeBoy, your claim on quality is really poor. “brilliant”? that cheap and predictable joke?
You’re easy to satisfy. Go play with yourself.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:54 PM from United States

I double dare you to say that to any member of the military. How arrogant can you get? Seriously, I will give you the gold star of david off my great uncle’s jacket if you do.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:54 PM from United States

The guy is a moron. I’m not arguing anything to the contrary. I’m just sayin’ is all.

He’s either an idiot or an ass. All I’m arguing is that he’s more of an idiot than an ass.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:55 PM from United States

Right, I’m a socalist but not a liberal. We can go all the way, if you really want to know why you guys too are liberals. The American parties are both liberal in the real meaning of the term “liberal”. If you really want to start a discussion about liberal idology we can begin with Adam Smith, but this would be more a workshop.
I’m far left and an utopian. But for me it is not a four letter word, utopians make the world go round.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:55 PM from United States

You are right in terms of the illegal immigration problem on our border though, We will build a fence as soon as the Democrats can pump up their voter rolls sufficiently.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:58 PM from United States

Koom-bay-Yah, buddy, Koom-bay-yah

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 02:59 PM from United States

Hey kouka, you are just backing up my statment. Thanks for that.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:00 PM from United States

no need on the workshop, but if I need help forming a drum circle I will give you a call

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:01 PM from Italy

Sadly what Kerry says holds true for the USA.
If you are poor and not smart enough for a scholarship, you most likely will not be able to afford a competitive uni. Next best thing: go to Iraq and let the military pay for college. Conclusion: the system is unfair to the max. I feel really bad when i see that young men my age (or even younger) die in Iraq, thinking they the probably were there just so they could one day experience university, and i think of how lucky i am to be born in the continent with the most advanced guarantees of 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation rights and advanced, up to date constitutions. That includes the right to a higher education, where right means that the state will remove any non accademic obstacles to your education.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:01 PM from United States

Koom-bay-Yah is from a religious song, I’m an atheist. Try another one.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:03 PM from United States

If we are going to have a workshop make it quick, those lattes don’t make themselves

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:03 PM from United States

Its sad how you mix up things kouka. I’m not a hippie and I’m not religious and I hate drum circles. You backing up more and more what I said about education in the US.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:05 PM from Italy

greenboy is referring to the term liberal in the original sense of the word. Sometime in history the meaning flipped in the english language (it used to mean something closer to libertarian)

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:09 PM from United States

I’ll take a latte. Okay sit down and listen. Adam Smith was the founder of what we call the modern teachings of econmics. He created the term “the invisible hand of the market” in the year 1759. It was the tim of the enlightenment....
You wanna follow me through??

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:16 PM from United States

Thanks SirMarco,

I have a copy of “Wealth of Nations” in my office, and the one prime themes of that book is that humans by the nature of their observed behavior are Free Market capitalists.

I find it ironic that a German Socialist, citing talking points from an A.N.S.W.E.R pamphlet wants to educate us on that.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:23 PM from United States

whats a.n.s.w.e.r?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:25 PM from United States

furthermore, if would follow me through you would find out how liberal ideologists “biologying” the economy. If the free market economie is somehow “natural” how come it has crises? How can a natural law have a crisis?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:27 PM from United States

Greenboy,

Literally Everyone on this blog is familiar with Adam Smith and either read him in, high school, college, or Law School. We don’t need your lesson on it here.

We are talking about what john Kerry Said about US troops in Iraq being dumb. A point that you whole-hartedly agree with. You are an admitted socialist, which could not be any further from libertarian if it tried, yet you are on a blog where Conservatives\Libertarians, congregate. That pretty much pins you as a troll. Any chance at socratic dialogue was nixed with your first\second post.

sorry, i meant ...stuck in Iraq or start a right wing blog

So pardon me if I did not take you seriously from the get go. but my mental picture of you is that of a smelly, Che Guvara t-shirt wearing, College student\Barrista, who has come here to take advantage of our outstanding educational system, and easy women with your sauve Euro-ness. But please continue. I am rivited

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:29 PM from United States

Yeah i know, the socialists dont let the market flow. If everybody would let the market make its way it would be paradise on earth. You shouldnt read these Ayn Rand novels.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:35 PM from United States

lol, I’m working at the university its true and I fuck all the nice hippie chicks that would never let you get to the town....
No, youre completly wrong like all the time.
I’m working at the university and your country is getting something from me, not the other way around.  You started with going out of issue, remember the mention of the jews? (Dont mention the war, listen to John Cleese) Remember talking about all the benefits of being in the army? My first coment just issued the obvious deliberate misunderstanding of what John Kerry has said.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:41 PM from United States

While we do not have a true free market economy, I think that it is fair to say that the United States enjoys a standard of living, and wealth that is because of it.

I mean, just look at the Starbucks that you work at. In what other country to people drop 6 bucks on a coffe made by a person from another country who thinks they are the intellectual better of them. Where else in the world can you find that?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:44 PM from United States

Yeah I am sure you pull like Justin Timberlake. I got plent of action in college. I just did it with women who shaved their legs and armpits.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:45 PM from Italy

The real question is how starbucks manages to charge 6 dollars for what they call coffee. That alone proves capitalism isnt wrong (just cause of inequalities).
Kouka you are lucky you are at least not living under pure capitalism, which is just as bad as communism (both failed spectacularly, one in 1929, the other in 1989)

Posted by LandoGriffin on 10/31/06 at 03:52 PM from United States

You backing up more and more what I said about education in the US.

And you’re establishing a negative one for the german education, Which is worse?
Nothing you say is original. It’s been rehashed and regurgitated millions of times, daily. Why should we not associate you with the traditional stereotypes if you don’t take time out to distance yourself from them.

utopians make the world go round

You mean the self satisfying, smug world that revolves around them and making themselves feel better aboutummm...themselves. You can dream but you “non-conforming” conformists change nothing but you’re birkenstocks and thats rare.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:54 PM from United States

Kouka, be honest, youre still a virgin and living with mom.

And because of that a lot of your people are starving (i just recently heard a radio special on npr about hunger in the US) and a lot of other states are suffering, the nature is suffering and your soldiers are suffering in Iraq. Your deficit is at a historical height and all the other countries are giving you credit because if the US economy is going down, the others will go down too.
But I’m sorry, I have to go. Maybe more another time.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:54 PM from United States

SirMarco,

Great Point. There can be no such thing as pure capitalism or pure communism. Both systems require equalibrium. As for greenboy. Economies do not fall into crisis, they correct themselves over time as market conditions dictate. The reason that people pay six dollars for coffee, because the market-clearing price for say a Non-fat, chai vanilla latte with whip cream and Chocalate sprinkles, made by and arrogant American Hating German Socialist is 6 dollars. If it is over the market clearing price, then people will not buy it, the supply for the product will go up and thus the price will drop to increase demand.

This is more natural than say, raising the minimum wage to 10.00\hour setting an artificall bench mark for wages, and pricing unskilled labor out of the market.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 03:59 PM from United States

leftist, utopian, atheist = LIBERAL

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 04:00 PM from United Kingdom

I admire Smith alot but to say that he identified people as free market capitalists is kind of strange as capitalism didn’t exist back then…

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 04:02 PM from United States

Good point, I was too busy typing to check, I meant to say that free markets and consequently capaitalism. Oh well.

Also I want to reiderate that the main reason I was a jerk to this guy was his first post. I am all in for socratic debate, but he came in to throw bombs, so I figured I would mix it up with him a bit.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 04:08 PM from United Kingdom

Their has never been a system of government that has actually been the communism that Marx wrote about. The USSR had the factors of production controlled by a minority of communist party members so their was no equality whatsoever in society as the top officials were filthy rich and took a huge portion of a small cake while the rest was shared between the millions of other ordinary people resulting in mass absolute poverty but not really relative poverty as almost everyone else was in the gutter too.

The system of government where the factors of production are actually owned by the people of the country (as Marx advocated) and not a select few, well that just hasn’t been tested yet and to equate Marx = USSR = Gullags as many people do is stupid.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 04:09 PM from United States

Kerry is such an effete douche.

*Note how I use French.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 10/31/06 at 04:43 PM from United States

I just saw Bush’s response to Lurch at a campaign rally in Georgia and I have to say it was a classic Bush smackdown.

This is the one reason the GOP may hold their seats this year, because the other side is led by such douchebags.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 04:45 PM from United States

You’re easy to satisfy. Go play with yourself.

Huh? It’s all clicks and buzzes from where I’m sittin’, pal.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 05:05 PM from United States

I’m glad it took 2 years for you guys to come up with another major slip-up.  Good thing Bush never says something stupid accidentally that often.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 05:06 PM from United States

I’m going to start an organization called “Right-Thinking Veterans for Truth”.  I’ve posted on Lee’s blog.  He hasn’t been truthful about his navy service.  I know, because I heard it from some other dude one time a while ago.  Listen to me.  Why does he hate america?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 06:53 PM from United States

Finally, it takes 1 second of looking at cnn.com to figure out that Kerry was saying that “if you don’t get an education and you’re an idiot, you get us into a big mess like Iraq”.  He was taking a pot shot at the intelligence of those who planned the war, not the troops.

But out of context quotes are still really fun.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 06:56 PM from United States

This is such bullshit, and typical liberal spin.

Yes, some join the military for lack of something better.  Some join - joined - to get a free education.

BUT - many in our military today are well-educated, college graduates, who come from financially stable homes.  I know several personally.

Posted by HARLEY on 10/31/06 at 07:11 PM from United States

are you including Mr. Kerry and Mr. Murtha?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 07:39 PM from United States

Don’t Kerry and President Bush have basically the same education, from the same institution?

Is he, then, saying - “Don’t be like me?”

And didn’t Bush make better grades than Kerry?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 08:00 PM from United States

And didn’t Bush make better grades than Kerry?

You can’t really tell from that unless you know what courses each was taking.  At my school, a 2.0 GPA in biochem or Slavic languages was hugely better than a 4.0 in political science or psychology. And, of course, grades don’t tell the whole story; the smartest guy in my class was head of the student government and published several papers (in economics) while an undergraduate, but barely got good enough grades to graduate.
Posted by on 10/31/06 at 08:17 PM from United States

Why are people defending Kerry’s asinine remarks about the military being uneducated - when Kerry himself claims that is not what he said. Even Kerry realizes the Democrats don’t want to own that discusting claim.

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 08:26 PM from United States

Arn’t most people missing the fact that officers in the military all have 4 year college degrees? Not to mention the extensive training after they actually get in. Or the fact that the military academies are some of the best schools in the world. Hell in the Air Force the officers are the ones who do the fighting. But of course that contradicts the lefts “only the poor and stupid join” mantra they shout.

Posted by dmaestas on 10/31/06 at 09:13 PM from United States

As a sailor working at the Naval Postgraduate School, I can affirm that most of the enlisted are a) College Graduates b)Working toward that goal even if they work a 12hr shift. I didn’t even bring up the officers who are doing major league research towards the future of the military. Yet, the liberal talking points still like to compare us with knuckle dragging neandrathals. I guess those airplanes and helicopters fly themselves, and the ships and tanks move by themselves as well…

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 09:34 PM from United States

when Kerry himself claims that is not what he said.

Of course he is. That’s what “waffles” did the entire fucking time he was running for president. It’s really amusing when a liberal fucks up and lets slip how they really feel about us peasants.

Oh and by the way:

lassen Sie Ihre Mutter mein Schwanz saugen

Wie mein deutsches Weibchen ist?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 09:43 PM from United States

As a sailor working at the Naval Postgraduate School

I love the PG School. They did some of the early work in virtual memory systems, and I’ve given maybe a half-dozen talks there over the years. We had a couple of DARPA PI meetings there, just after the aquarium opened downtown. Those great old buildings, the sharp people; I even liked flying into the Monterey airport. They’re doing some great stuff now in secure systems. It’s not just Navy, by the way; people there are from all the services.
Posted by on 10/31/06 at 09:43 PM from United States

Let your mother suck my cock

The second part doesn’t make sense, but it translates to “how my german woman is?”

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 10:06 PM from United States

I guess american slang like “how’s my german bitch?” doesn’t translate too well.

I love getting lectured by a German on all things military considering we spanked their ass twice last century, then spent the next fifty fucking years keeping them from speaking Russian.

Posted by dmaestas on 10/31/06 at 11:17 PM from United States

It’s not just Navy, by the way; people there are from all the services.

From several countries as well: Greece, Turkey, Australia, Germany, Singapore just to name a few. It hasn’t changed much probably since the last time you were there, except it’s fenced in now. From what I hear it wasn’t pre 9/11

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 11:19 PM from United States

poejavlo says

Dude are for real? disadvantaged? What a dickneck!

Posted by LandoGriffin on 10/31/06 at 11:42 PM from United States

"Why don’t President’s fight the war?/Why do they always send the poor?”

It’s almost like the talking points the libn00bs are spouting are song lyrics? Do you have F9-11 playing in the background as you post this drivel? Specifically the scene of Moore outside of Congress with his military enlistment sign up sheet?

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 11:45 PM from United States

Kerry is the biggest fucking coward known to man.  It amazes me that he has the gall to say something like that.  3 months in Vietnam, 3 purple hearts, and he leaves, and he calls himself a combat veteran?  Cut the shit, the man is a loser, and the democrats are puking right now, wondering why the loser would say that in a mid term election. It’s great, he’s showing his true coward colors, and dragging down the whole democratic party as well!

Posted by on 10/31/06 at 11:53 PM from United States

Oh, and poejavlo, your boy wasn’t misquoted, and I’m sure that if you said that most 45-49 year olds here that had Fathers that served in the military in World War 2 were uneducated, that you would most certainly get at least a kick in the pants, if not in the head.  These guys had balls, big balls, as do the guys overseas now.  So you can take your education bullshit, and John Kerry’s education bullshit and stick them up your ass, cause if you ever brought that out in public, someone might help you with it..

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 12:04 AM from United States

Academic Education

-- 49.2 percent of officers have advanced or professional degrees; 39.4 percent have master’s degrees, 8.5 percent have professional degrees and 1.3 percent have doctorate degrees.

-- 22.8 percent of company grade officers have advanced degrees; 16.5 percent have master’s degrees, 5.9 percent have professional degrees and 0.3 percent have doctorate degrees.

-- 85.4 percent of field grade officers have advanced degrees; 70.7 percent have master’s degrees, 12.1 percent have professional degrees and 2.5 percent have doctorate degrees.

-- 99.9 percent of the enlisted force have at least a high school education; 73.3 percent have some semester hours toward a college degree; 16.2 percent have an associate’s degree or equivalent semester hours; 4.7 percent have a bachelor’s degree; 0.7 percent have a master’s degree and .01 percent have a professional or doctorate degree.”

That comes from http://www.af.mil/news/story_print.asp?storyID=123027385 (about a third of the way down). I’m sure there’s better information out there. Also, while I was in the military, I remember reading a study showing that the education levels in the military FAR outstrip anything seen in the civilian world. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anything like it in the short time I looked. I’d bet that if you contacted an official military liaison, they could give you good information instantly.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 12:34 AM from United States

PS No Jews were slaughtered while writing this post

Kouka, You made me spit beer on my new flat screen!

Posted by mikeguas on 11/01/06 at 01:04 AM from United States

Boy, the got that October Surprise in just in time.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:11 AM from United Kingdom

Remember this?

At a black-tie dinner for Radio and Television Correspondents’ Association on Wednesday, Bush poked fun at himself and his administration for among other things not finding weapons in Iraq.

At one point Bush showed a photo of himself looking for something out a window in the Oval Office. He said: “Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere.”

After a few more slides, there was a shot of Bush looking under furniture in the Oval Office. Bush said “Nope. No weapons over there.” Then another picture of Bush searching in his office. He said “Maybe under here.”

Let’s put this in perspective: Kerry forgets a word in a speech and it’s wall-to-wall coverage. Almost 3000 American soldiers and hundreds of thousand of Iraqis are dead now and King George joked about the major reason why all these people have died (at that time the casualities weren’t as high)—which caused barely a whisper out of the media at the time. Is there anything wrong with this picture?

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:19 AM from United States

Delta, I’m glad you think 3 purple hearts and a silver star make you a coward. Link to your military service?  And why do you hate the troops so much?

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:19 AM from United States

Yea theirs something wrong with this. Kerry hates the troops in Iraq the same as when he hated the troops in Viet fucking nam

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:23 AM from United States

And why do you hate them Zeg? Link to your military service?

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:57 AM from United States

I’m not here calling someone who’s fought in a war and earned medals a coward, so you can’t paint me as a hypocrit in the same light as with delta.  Besides, what have I ever said that would make you think I “hate the troops?” Nothing.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 05:32 AM from United States

Now realizing he can no longer defend the military=retards statement, he is attempting a classic tool in the liberal armament. Moving the goal posts.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:11 AM from United States

I’m not exactly a Bush fan, but you’re missing two things.

1) This event is noted for the speaker’s lampooning (themselves or each other).

2) The fact that he was joking about not finding WMD at a charity dinner doesn’t mean he considered the reason to going to war a joke.  Let’s not read too much into this one.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:43 AM from United Kingdom

I’m not exactly a Bush fan, but you’re missing two things.

1) This event is noted for the speaker’s lampooning (themselves or each other).

Wow. Just… wow.

The depth and breadth of your denial is staggering.

Let me get this straight… it’s OK for the Commander in Chief to lampoon the whole justification of the war while American soldiers die?

You say lets not read too much in to this one? I think you’re wrong. Yes it is an event where the president is expected to “send himself up”, but it is also an event that will be televised around the world. Imagine if you were a parent who’s child had died in the Iraq war. Would you have laughed at Bush’s jokes about WMD?

I think this callous attitude from the president sums him up completely.

Now… if you think John Kerry’s slip is worse than Bush’s deliberate and disrepectful public lampooning, then there’s something seriously wrong with your values.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:59 AM from United States

Still moving those goalposts.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:42 AM from United States

Were was the rightous outcry?
“And the other lesson is that there are people who can’t stand what America stands for, and desire to conflict great harm on the American people.” —George W. Bush, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, July 28, 2003

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:43 AM from United States

Bush claimes all Americans are gay:
“The true strength of America happens when a neighbor loves a neighbor just like they’d like to be loved themselves.” —George W. Bush, Elizabeth, N.J., June 16, 2003

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:46 AM from United States

Bush wants to bring chaos over Iraq:\"You’re free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it’ll take time to restore chaos and order — order out of chaos. But we will.” —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 13, 2003

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:48 AM from United States

Bush wants to disarm the US
“I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will.” —George W. Bush, speaking about Saddam Hussein, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 5, 2002

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:49 AM from United States

Bush encorages people to chase children:
“People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in’s house and say I love you.” —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:51 AM from United States

Bush thinks America wants to hide in a cave:
“There’s no cave deep enough for America, or dark enough to hide.” —George W. Bush, Oklahoma City, Aug. 29, 2002

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:53 AM from United States

evidence for his excellent education:
“The problem with the French is that they don’t have a word for entrepreneur.” —George W. Bush, discussing the decline of the French economy with British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 08:55 AM from United States

This could go on and on, but I think you get the point, dont you?
Bullying and deliberatly misinterpretation are the methods the republicans are using.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 10:02 AM from United States

This could go on and on, but I think you get the point, dont you?

The point? Yes, Bush mangles the English language. That’s pretty much accepted by now. But how does that support your argument of bullying and misrepresentation? You just dug up some site that lists a bunch of Bushisms. You’re not really making a strong argument with that.

He has many other shortcomings too like incompetence and keeping other incompetents around for far too long. I call it reckless cronyism. Those would be better faults to use in your argument.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 10:22 AM from United States

Bush has problems with the american language all the time, Kerry just once, he missed to use the word “us”.Why didnt he say “you stuck in the military”, if his intend was to insult the troops? Everybody knows that John Kerry would never insult the troops, but the republicans use deliberatly the misinterpretation for their goals to diss Kerry. They cant stand a discussion about facts, so they want to change the topics and insult people personally. They use the millitary in telling them how they have to interpret the words of Kerry. There are a lot more examples of personal insults and bullying by the right wing from people like Limbaugh,George Allen, Barbara Cubin, Marilyn Musgrave and John Spencer.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 10:23 AM from United States

Greenboy’s point is that the latest wingnut grasping-at-straws, making a big deal of Kerry’s mangling of a statement about Bush’s incompetence, could easily be applied to Bush’s mangling of pretty much everything he tries to say.
Posted by on 11/01/06 at 10:36 AM from United States

Ya, it drives me nuts. Both sides engaged in the same bullshit really. I don’t believe Kerry said it that way on purpose. Pretty bad screw up though. If you wanted to insult the troops, that would be a good way to do it. Who really knows for sure? Kerry is a bit of an elitist (not that I think that’s a totally bad thing).

But, I truly believe he was trying to make a jab at the president. He screwed up. I guess both of them are fair game. It would be nice to rise above it all.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 10:49 AM from United States

Everybody knows that John Kerry would never insult the troops,

Right, and before congress he called his fellow soldiers in Vietnam Rapists and child killers. He has a long established pattern of defending the troops now doesn’t he!

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 10:55 AM from United States

Everybody knows that John Kerry would never insult the troops,

Yeah.  Sure we do......

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 10:56 AM from United States

I think your a victim of misinterpretation as well. Even if dont know the quote you mentioned, I’m sure Kerry didnt mean the Military in general. And for the record: There was rape and child killing in Vietnam, not by the majority of the troops but it happend.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 11:13 AM from United States

Study!

Kerry shortly after he returned from his triumphant three months in Vietnam appeared before congress telling people what he REALLY thought of his fellow troops and throwing “someone else’s” medals over the fence at the White House in protest.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 11:21 AM from United States

Don’t forget how Kerry “volunteered” for the military as well.  Its quite interesting.  He applied for a deferrment and was denied.  So he proceeded to join the navy and went in a capacity that at the time was not being used in Vietnam at all.  Then when it was decided to use the swift boats in ‘Nam he was very opposed to it.

So basically when you look at Bush and Kerry in their military service at the times of joining the military Bush actually had a better chance of going to Vietnam than Kerry did.  And Kerry still hasn’t released his military records like he promised to.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 11:22 AM from United States

war crimes committed in Southeast Asia. These were not isolated incidents, but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis, with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command.
-- John Kerry, talking like Thurston Howell III, April 22, 1971

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 11:54 AM from United States

Were it were that they razed villiages in a style reminiscent of “Jengis” Khan.

[/kerryspeak]

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 12:31 PM from United States

As far as I know he was talking the truth. Nobody will deny today that there were a lot of war crimes (from both sides)during the Vietnam War (s)with the full awareness of all levels in the Army and even in the Government.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 12:37 PM from United States

Look! you’re in the wrong place. It is DU where you meant to go if you want agreement. That shit don’t fly here.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:08 PM from United States

just bullying, no talk about the issue. There is tons of hard evidence and coverage about the Vietnam War. You just dont wanna see, instead you just claim that Kerry is insulting the Army. No he didnt, he just told the truth, but he never insulted the Army as a whole. He was claiming that the United States just had bad leadership, like he is doing these days.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:15 PM from United States

Fine. The accusations Kerry made are WAR CRIMES. If these things happened, like everyone “knows” that they did, where are the convicted war criminals?

You see, courts actually require proof. Not just hearsay and second hand accounts!

Posted by LandoGriffin on 11/01/06 at 01:28 PM from United States

This could go on and on, but I think you get the point, dont you?

That you’re an ill informed, talking point regurgitating retarded parrot. Yeah, I think we all get the point.

just bullying, no talk about the issue

Your “issues” are recycles partisan drivel which have been demolished time and time again in these talkbacks? We need to go over them again for the sake of the newest liberal retard? There is no substance to what you are saying.
Ahh hell, where is Drum at?

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:47 PM from United States

There was never any interest and effort to bring war criminals to court, you know this as well as anybody else. But we were discussing if Kerry was insulting the Army or not. You know that he didnt mean the Army and that he meant the government. But anyway, you just want to see it the way it fits for you the best. Im not a friend of Kerry, nor the democrats, but I just see how shameless the republicans always try to change the subject and insult people. That makes me sick.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:54 PM from United States

Just speaks for itself.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 01:55 PM from United States

In the 1970s, John Kerry said he threw his medals onto the White House lawn in protest. Oh wait! His new story is that the medals he discarded were ones he borrowed from someone else so he could keep the ones he received himself.

You know, tone and motives do matter. This bozo’s entire career is based on trashing the military he honorably served in. (Disputing his medals is bogus, btw.) Kerry became a celebrity with these Saw III style shocking accusations. Even if they are true, he was using the most inflammatory stories of others to build his celebrity.

Even if you take Kerry at his word, he was calling President Bush stupid in an attempt to get votes for Phil Angelides. This, in a speech to highlight how Democrats are better at educating than Republicans.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:03 PM from United States

I’m sorry, I didn’t see the repulicans there putting the words in Kerry’s mouth. It is Kerry who should have said “I’m sorry for how that sounded. I mis-spoke.” but hasn’t and has said he wont.

You just want to give him a pass on a stupid comment that even Kerry isn’t defending because he knows full well he has lost the benefit of the doubt because of his prior mindless comments.

You know that he didnt mean the Army and that he meant the government.

I heard what he said, regardless of what he meant. HE should clarify and be appologetic for the inference HE made.

Yes, because no “reasonble person” ever actually believed any of that drivel, present company included.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:03 PM from United States

No question about it that is was stupid. But this no excuse for deliberatly misinterpretation. I think the US american way in politics of insulting people personally (and that includes the Democrats) is disgusting and shameful. (Im sorry I dont find any better words)

Posted by LandoGriffin on 11/01/06 at 02:03 PM from United States

this tactic is under the exclusive patent of the republicans?

“No, no, no I sir am no liberal or lover of democrats. I just parrot their sound bites and blindly believe everything they say. But damn it I am no liberal!”

But we were discussing if Kerry was insulting the Army or not.

You do realize the rest of us can scroll up the page and see who brought up the subject of Vietnam war atrocities first...right?

If you can’t bring something new to the table and form a coherent argument goose step your ass on out of here. But don’t wave on your way out, you should never raise your open palm.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:12 PM from United States

I think I’m a “reasonable person” (or maybe not, I dont care what you think. I would say only “not reasnoable persons” believe the Vietnam War was in any way a “clean war” (personally I dont believe that there is any clean war). But we can argue about this issue for years I believe. If, pictures, films, reports from eye witnesses and comon sense is not enough for you, than nothing will convince you. So lets just drop it.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:13 PM from United States

Kerry said what he said. No interpretation is requird. If he mispoke it is incumbant upon him to appologize for his error and clarify. He refuses. Ask him why.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:14 PM from United States

Greenboy, stick to what douche bags like you are good at: keeling zee joos.

Posted by LandoGriffin on 11/01/06 at 02:16 PM from United States

Just speaks for itself.

Are you on auto pilot or cruise control? Do you realize that everytime you say the same damn thing with slightly altered text you reinforce what the rest of us already KNOW about you?

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:17 PM from United States

I can think of 6 million reasons why Germans shouldn’t get into a discussion of ‘clean wars’.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:18 PM from United States

From the AP:

Kerry apologizes for ‘a botched joke’

“Of course I’m sorry about a botched joke. You think I love botched jokes?” Kerry said during an appearance Wednesday on Don Imus’ nationally syndicated radio program. “I mean, you know, it’s pretty stupid.”

Kerry, D-Mass., said he meant no offense to troops when he told a college audience Monday that young people might get “stuck in Iraq” if they don’t study hard and do their homework.

On Wednesday, he said, “You cannot get into the military today if you do badly in school.” But he also said the White House was purposely twisting his words and asserted that it is Bush who owes troops an apology for a misguided war in Iraq.

“I’m sorry that that’s happened,” he said of his earlier comment. “But I’m not going to stand back from the reality here, which is, they’re trying to change the subject. It’s their campaign of smear and fear.”

Kerry said he mangled the delivery of a line aimed at Bush. According to aides, the language was originally written to say that “if you’re intellectually lazy, you end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq — just ask President Bush.”

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:27 PM from United States

But he also said the White House was purposely twisting his words

Twisting? How exactly? I heard the tape, didn’t you?

They don’t even need to try very hard with folks like Kerry around to do it for them, and then blame them for it.

Perhaps democrats should stick to promoting their own ideas for improving things instead of hurling insults back and forth.

I am glad he apologized. good for him.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:30 PM from United States

Troops request Kerry’s help. :)

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:32 PM from United States

You’re just insulting me all the time, it just shows that youre a fucking arrogant cunt. You can ban any argument with a strategy like that, but it just shows what you really are.

Posted by LandoGriffin on 11/01/06 at 02:34 PM from United States

Wow stumping for Angelides. What a waste of time, breath and money. That it came during such a lost cause as Angelides campaign makes the comment even stupider.

No shit. I’m sure tactics like this won’t happen once you seize control of Utopia, cleanse it of the unwanted masses and impose your will. But hey at least we’re not having riots in Congress a la Thai and Indonesian parliament sessions....yet.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:46 PM from United States

HEY --- who let DC back in?

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 02:46 PM from United States

I have to admit, at least its entertaining and not so boring as German politics. Okay, I flip flop. I like it actually and your cinicial approach onto everthing which fits not your point of view.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 03:29 PM from United States

Whoa Dieter from Sprockets is still here. Dude if we touch your monkey, will you shut the fuck up?

Posted by LandoGriffin on 11/01/06 at 03:36 PM from United States

You’re just insulting me all the time

Wow, you’re quick. If you had anything of real substance to contribute rather than secondhand partisan schtick to offer we might be able to have a debate. But one of the first rules of the Thunderdome is if you come in here acting like a lil bitch, you’re going to get treated like a lil bitch.

it just shows that youre a fucking arrogant cunt

Me arrogant? have you gone back and read anything that you have written? (That reuires your hardwired brain not to be set on dismissive auto pilot.) Reax man, don’t get your leiderhosen in a bunch. I do not want a german angry with me. After all its not like I claimed to be of the superior race or anything.

Moral of this story my dear Hansel (or Gretel?) is some with your A game or go back to praying to your statue if Hasselhoff.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 03:49 PM from United States

Greenboy,

Q: Whats the difference between a Jew and a pizza?

A: The pizza doesn’t scream when you put it in the oven!

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 04:16 PM from United States

Hey Zeg, 4 yrs active service, 2 yrs reserve, no combat though.  And I don’t know where you get that I hate the troops, I’m with the troops, always have been.  Kerry got his 3 purple hearts with minor scratches, got thrown out of one doctor’s office and had to go hunt down another one, remember, 3 purple hearts, and your out of combat.  Read the book Unfit for Command and you’ll see what an asshole coward he is.  I live in his state, and it’s a mess with him and Ted Kennedy.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 04:17 PM from United States

Greenboy,

Lando is dead on, Had you come in here and taken part in debate, instead of the bullhsit, “...or start a right-wing blog”, you would have gotten a much better reception. you came in to throw bombs, so the favor was returned. There are lefties who post here that, while we may get into it every once in a while, actually contribute something. Noone here took you seriously from the moment you came in.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 04:22 PM from United States

All I have to do is judge Kerry on is past performance, and since he is widely regarded as a traitor by many, and rightfully so, I can only assume that he meant to say it. Personally, I think that he was playing the class warfare card, and was not aware that he was being taped. After its only Pasedena City College....

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 04:39 PM from United States

I don’t think Kerry is helping his fellow Dems and never had much of a shot at the ‘08 nomination anyway. I’ve talked to a few Democrats today and they don’t trust him. Time to just ride out his service to the people of Massachusetts, quietly.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 05:40 PM from United States

We are talking about what john Kerry Said about US troops in Iraq being dumb. kouka

We have heard this spin numerous times but this is not what Kerry said. What he DID SAY was that if you do not achieve in school you may end up in Iraq. What did he mean by that? Well .. that’s where the spin doctors and reactionaries come in.

What he said is true. Squandering opportunities to achieve in school limits your choices in the future; those fewer choices including being battlefield fodder for our enemy-of-the-week.

To spin that to mean that Kerry believes himself to be dumb and the rest of the military, is such a stretch, only those who REALLY think lowly of the military would believe it. Those types have no problem spinning it into a slight then using it to their political advantage.

It’s unfortunate that some Americans don’t have the decency to keep spin about dumb soldiers out of the headlines during times of war.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:00 PM from United States

Classic Left Wing Drivel, Only the poor who have no other choice choose the military. kouka

That’s not what we say. This is Classic Right Wing BS. Rich people choose the military occasionally. And the officers in the Academies really do reflect a range of groups.

The fact is .. what Right wingers will not say .... the military has lower academic standards for enlisted soldiers, which makes is easier for lower achievers to get a job, which makes it more attractive to lower achievers .... who happen to be disproportionably poor.

The poor in EVERY non-communist society in human history has had fewer choices, and 1 choice that has always been more attractive to the poor than the rich, is the military. That’s simply a fact.

The Right Wing wants us to ignore this fact and focus instead on encouraging the poor to join [ex., the kouka post re benefits].

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:01 PM from United States

What he DID SAY

Yeah yeah yeah...we all Heard what he said and don’t need you to explain it to us...so sod off!

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:04 PM from United States

Check out John Kerry’s statement, and imagine him reading it in his Thurston Howell III/Lerch voice:

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:04 PM from United States

These words could have only come from a liberal.

1. The richest man in the world is a college drop out. If you honestly beleive that college is the only path to success, you clearly went to college. That is of course based on the mathmatical formula of college=more money=more happiness.
2. Over 98% of the people in the military have a high school diploma. The national average is about 75% I beleive.
3. Lots of people join the military to go to college. I have over 20k I can spend on college I got from the Air Force. I earned that money instead of expecting my parents to pay my way through life.

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:07 PM from United States

try again Libtard.

Check Here

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:08 PM from United States

Thats horseshit. But even if it was true, you are making it seem like it’s a bad thing to offer “poor” people free health care, free dental, free training, free college, discipline and an actual retirement oppurtunity.

Posted by salinger on 11/01/06 at 06:31 PM from United States

That’s the old Heritage Foundation Study (which takes into account West Point, Annapolis, etc. the actual number of raw recruits (not in officer training school) is closer to 83% still higher than the national average of 79%.

The Heritage foundation study was also taken before recruitment requirements were lowered last year.

Even so, to say dumb people populate the military is a stupid thing to say.

I believe Kerry did not mean to insult the folks in the military - all the same, his comment was ham handed enough to easily be spun in that direction. As I’ve already stated in another thread - I am not impressed with the oratory talents of the supposed educated Kerry and think it is way past time for him to sit down, shut up and worry about his own district and nothing else.

I notice on the left edge of the front page of this blog in the newer news ticker (which I think is a nice addition Lee) that Bush is staying away from making appearances at close congressional races and now Kerry has cancelled the rest of his stumping for Democratic midterm candidates. Kind of illustrates the choices this country had at the polls two years ago when the two candidates are now a liability to their parties.

C’mon Gridlock!

Posted by on 11/01/06 at 06:58 PM from United States

The choices were bad and worse. I think I picked bad. (in more ways than one)

Posted by on 11/02/06 at 06:06 AM from United Kingdom

"What could be more absurd than George “I never met a sentence I didn’t want to mangle” Bush—the man who once said of terrorists, “They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we”—jumping on John Kerry for his mangled attempt at humor? Lesson to Kerry: leave the punchlines to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. “

read more at: Huffington Post

We all know Bush isn’t man enough to admit his mistake and apologise. The question is, Lee, are you?

Posted by Drumwaster on 11/02/06 at 10:17 AM from United States

But using dirty tricks against political gaffes by your opponents (if they’re Democrats, anyway) is beyond the pale and worthy of the basest contempt.

Just ask Macaca Allen.

I swear, the consistency here has hit new heights…

Or perhaps “lows” would be le mot juste.

Posted by on 11/02/06 at 02:53 PM from United States

Are you willing to admit to your mistake of assuming people in the military are poor and stupid?

Posted by Drumwaster on 11/03/06 at 09:19 AM from United States

(which takes into account West Point, Annapolis, etc.

They don’t count, because we all know that the men and women who attend those academies to become military officers don’t actually end up in the military. Don’t we, sally?

It’s easy to tell you’ve never served. (And your alleged family members don’t count, because they wouldn’t be stupid enough to say things like that.)

Next entry: Behind Doors