I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them - Isaac Asimov

You can not make this shit up…

Looks like the Obama team has another bad moment when they pull an epic fail telling us all not to ”look behind the curtain”:

Caught between their boss’ anti-lobbyist rhetoric and the reality of governing, President Barack Obama’s aides often steer meetings with lobbyists to a complex just off the White House grounds — and several of the lobbyists involved say they believe the choice of venue is no accident.

It allows the Obama administration to keep these lobbyist meetings shielded from public view — and out of Secret Service logs kept on visitors to the White House and later released to the public. “They’re doing it on the side. It’s better than nothing,” said immigration reform lobbyist Tamar Jacoby, who has attended meetings at the nearby Jackson Place complex and believes the undisclosed gatherings are better than none.

I am serious: you can’t make the shit that these scumbags are up to up. Even in your wildest conspiracy theories!

This is like the guy that promises to stop child rape and clean house basically hoping you don’t catch him molesting children in his shed and find out he is not just a scumbag, but a lying scumbag. Seriously, whom do you take more seriously? The guy that doesn’t lie about meeting with lobbyists or the scumbags that tell you they are above all that then go overboard pulling the wool over your eyes in an attempt to keep you from finding out they are doing it anyway?

Posted by AlexinCT on 02/24/11 at 12:51 PM (Discuss this in the forums)

Comments

Posted by on 02/24/11 at 08:01 PM from United States

I’m not surprised.  Obama has said we no longer torture, either, and thats not true.

Posted by West Virginia Rebel on 02/24/11 at 10:14 PM from United States

He doesn’t want to be seen in public with ‘em…

When you’re a candidate, they’re evil Wall Street scum. When you’re in office, lobbyists are your friends.

Posted by AlexinCT on 02/25/11 at 07:30 AM from United States

Pray tell, whom are we torturing Mike? I seriously want to know. And answering that it is poor Charley Sheen doesn’t count.

Posted by on 02/25/11 at 09:29 AM from United States

I’m sick and tired of hearing people who should know better telling us that Obama is a “good man” with “good intentions”. He’s dishonest and deceitful as hell in everything he does. He cut that sleazy-as-hell backroom deal with Big Pharma so that they’d stop running ads against Obamacare and followed it up with more sleazy deals ala the “Louisiana Purchase”, etc in order buy support behind the scenes with taxpayer money. He repeatedly lied claiming that Republicans had “no ideas” while refusing to meet with them to hear their ideas and then dismissing their ideas sneering that “I won”. Obama is fine with his Justice Dept. looking the other way when Black Panthers intimidate voters while selectively prosecuting cases only if the alleged victim is non-white. When a federal judge blocked Obama’s offshore drilling ban, he circumvented that federal ruling by fiat, instructing his Interior Dept. to slow-walk permitting in lawless defiance of the federal ruling. Now we find out that he’s willfully deceiving about his ‘transparent’ dealings with lobbyists by meeting with them outside the WH in order to avoid scrutiny and accountibility.

It’s surreal what a toatl scumbag Pres Obama has turned out to be. He’s a liar and a tyrant.. there’s nothing good or honorable about him.

Posted by Hal_10000 on 02/25/11 at 11:02 AM from United States

What’s really hilarious is that the Left is going nuclear over this Koch Brothers phone call while their hero is doing far worse when it comes to rich powerful interests.

Posted by on 02/25/11 at 12:16 PM from United States

Pray tell, whom are we torturing Mike? I seriously want to know.

Two points. First, “We” are simply farming it out to other countries.  So we can say “the US doesnt torture”.
Second,I’ve already done this dance with you.  You seem to think because we dont cut off thumbs, we dont torture.  I disagree.  For what it’s worth I really dont have an issue with it, I have more of an issue with us holding people who might not be terrorists and not giving them much of an avenue to prove they are not.

The Bush admin was fine with it as well.  I believe the Bush admin Justice dept. wanted lesser charges on the BP’s.

Posted by AlexinCT on 02/25/11 at 12:40 PM from United States

It’s all pooh flinging and one in the many other acts of desperation they hope will help convince enough people Walker is evil. And thus what he is doing is too. Just another incarnation of the whole nobody should take you seriously because you are a racsist/sexist/homophobic/all of the above type which have all lost their mojo now that people are aware of the tactic. Now they are hoping that accusing Walker of being a corporatist beholden to money has the same effect. Not like the whole freakshow in Madison and most of their crap isn’t bought & paid for by unions or Soros, though. I hear ya dude.

So you are saying we went back to Clinton’s policies? Where we simply sent people to countries that know how to do real torture - nail pulling, electric shock, acid, rape, amputations, bullets to libs, feet first into the shredder, and such other stuff - and not all that waterboarding “kiddy game” shit the left was all in arms over during the Bush years, so we could pretend to be clean and nice?

Second,I’ve already done this dance with you.  You seem to think because we dont cut off thumbs, we dont torture. I disagree.

If my choice is loud music vs. cutting thumbs.. Well, unless it is hours and hours of Yanni. And let’s ask the people that actually have been tortured if they like the moral equivalence.

You know I have very little sympathy for the Obama administration or the left, so I hope you take me seriously when I say that I seriously doubt that even inept and stupid people like them are holding anybody they don’t really suspect of being a terrorist just for kicks, or even for political reason (not that they wouldn’t love to I guess). And you continue to ignore the whole “we are at war” bit. I for one am willing to save my wrath for this hypothetical situation to when we actually find real innocent people being held for nefarious reasons.

At least they investigated them and were going to file charges. Then Team Obama came in, and presto, we all now know that blacks intimidating either whites or blacks at the poling place is not a crime. Only whites can be charged with anything for that.

Next entry: Narcissistic hubris, or what?

Previous entry: Idiocy Round-Up